PDA

View Full Version : Swollen sore lymph nod in groin

Meiwaku
11-08-13, 10:53
Hi,

About 3 months ago I started having burning/stabbing pain in my groin thigh area. I didn't think much of it until I felt a lump in my groin around the source of my groin pain. I immediately freaked out and went to see my family doctor who assured me the lymph nod was a normal size and that it moved around easily and that it was common to have ones those size in the groin. He referred me to physiotherapy for the pain in my thigh thinking it was muscle.

I decided my doctor was blowing off my concern and was rushing my appointment like I feel most doctors do so I wanted a second opinion and went to a walk in clinic. The doctor there felt the lymph nod and said the exact same thing my family doctor said, that it was fine and the fact I'm so skinny is the reason I can feel it so prominently. He though the pain might be nerve related but left it at that.
I started going to physio and the physiotherapist did say my thigh pain is right where a ligament is that commonly gets inflamed. And started me on some stretches. She also said my thigh joint is very stiff and a bit weak.
The physio helped a little bit, doing the stretches gives me a bit of relief and I find the pain comes and goes but I'm not sure if its because I'm not concentrating on it during the day or its actually gone.
If I've been sitting too long I can really feel the pain or when I'm trying to sleep it starts aching and burning a lot.

I've had blood work twice over the past year and its all come back fine, I've had ultra sounds on my reproductive system fearing it was an ovarian issue since the pain was very close to my right ovary. But all that came from that was that I had an ovarian cyst that ruptured on my left ovary. Which isn't even the same side as my pain.

Even right now the lymph nod area is hurting and burning, though I have been poking at it for most of the night. Both doctors I've seen don't seem concerned and even the physio therapist doesn't seem concerned when I say the physio isn't helping that much. I just keep thinking the worst and assume I'm dying which is causing me to have severe anxiety attacks and feel sick. I just wish the pain would go away or some one could explain exactly why I'm in pain and why it hasn't stopped in 3 months. The stress is starting to make me sick.

applewine
16-08-13, 00:37
Look up myofascial trigger points. The pain may be being referred from one of your Gluteal muscles, not even on the groin side. Physical therapists are generally not good with trigger points. I suggest you start learning about the condition. You can try massaging yourself and if that doesn't work get the help of a trigger point massage therapist.

Look for books on the subject. Search for the name "Paul Ingraham".