PDA

View Full Version : health anxiety rules my life

Lindyl
11-08-13, 16:38
Hi i'm new to this forum,I had health anxiety 28 years ago after the birth of my son it was the worst thing i'd ever experienced and lasted 3 years in all ,I now find myself suffering again but whats making it worse is i am now on my own,my family have grown up and have lives of their own and i am separated from my husband(3yrs).At the moment i am seeing a mental health crisis team who tell me to change the way i'm thinking but i cant at the moment i'm to anxious,i have thoughts of illness as soon as i open my eyes and the thoughts are with me all day,i am taking 30mg mirtazapine at the moment,my appetite is poor i have to force myself to eat.I am hoping reading other peoples experiences may help.

sambomonkee
11-08-13, 18:50
I feel for you, you can read my thread, same issues, same medication, same current situation, at least someone else is in this mess with me as well.

Sadkel
11-08-13, 21:19
I feel the same :(

I'm 33, have 2 small children ( 3.5 yrs. and 11mth) been suffering since May when I had a big attack... Have days I feel so ill I can't get out of bed. Thoughts are with me from the moment I open my eyes! It's taking over me....

I'm scared for me, I'm scared for my children... I've never felt this bad :(

bellesmummy
11-08-13, 21:32
I'm feel the same! :weep:
I've two small children to. It's such a struggle everyday but i have to struggle on for the kids!:shrug:

anx mum
11-08-13, 23:06
I feel the same hunni:weep: health anxiety has taken over my life once again. I have 3 young children im lucky as my hubby is at home. Its hard the only time the thoughts disappear is when your asleep I know exactly how u feel:hugs:

Lindyl
12-08-13, 17:51
i am the same as soon as my eyes open the thoughts are there they tell you to keep busy but sometimes you just cant on the up side i have an excellent doctor who is very understanding and i am with the mental health team who have put me on a list for cbt but that could take up to 12 months for an appointment and if im feeling better do i really want to start reliving it again as it could make the illness resurface.

Mr.Spock
13-08-13, 10:21
Sometimes it helps just being able to talk and let out some feelings and share with other people who can relate to what you are feeling, thats just how places like this can help so many.