PDA

View Full Version : Anyone get weird vision problems?

anxious_thoughts
11-08-13, 19:48
I was just laying in bed and I got up to go to the washroom. And I notice this little black speck floating around in my vision, I thought it was a fruit fly but when I looked at it I noticed it was actually something in my vision. There was about 3 of these tiny little black specks flying around, I blinked a few times and they went away. I do have a floater in my right eye, that has been checked and analyzed by my eye doctor, she says it's normal.

I'm not sure what causes it, and they're so out of the blue. I've had them before, but there is not a specific activity or anything that causes it. It really worries me :( Any one else get this?

Another thing I noticed is that sometimes when my room is pitch black at night, it feels like there is something, like a curtain, covering my right eye. This ONLY happens in the dark. And it seems to worsen when I'm on my phone, then turn it off and look around. I don't think it's my eyes adjusting to the darkness because my left eye seems perfectly fine.

skippy66
11-08-13, 19:52
I get this all the time, more so since I had laser eye surgery.

Don't worry about it.

AuntieMoosie
12-08-13, 00:49
Well the little black dots sound like floaters to me, I have them too and have done now for years. So far as I understand, and I'm not a doctor, I think it's normal to have them in small numbers.

I've never experienced the "curtain" though so I really don't know what all that's about.

I would advise going to your doctor and have them look at your eyes and they can probably put your mind at rest :)

xvolatileheart
12-08-13, 05:25
I have sooo many visual symptoms - floaters, bright dots, flickering or shadows in my peripheral vision, etc. The thing is, they aren't there all the time so it must not be anything serious.

anxious_thoughts
12-08-13, 17:02
I get this all the time, more so since I had laser eye surgery.

Don't worry about it.

Thanks for the reply. I'm just hoping it's not due to any retinal detachment.
My vision problem got worse last night. It almost look like a shadow, or black splotch above my left eye. I can only see it if I look up a bit.

It seems to be gone today but now my left eye is sore. :weep:

---------- Post added at 12:01 ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 ----------

Well the little black dots sound like floaters to me, I have them too and have done now for years. So far as I understand, and I'm not a doctor, I think it's normal to have them in small numbers.

I've never experienced the "curtain" though so I really don't know what all that's about.

I would advise going to your doctor and have them look at your eyes and they can probably put your mind at rest :)

I'm hoping it's all just due to my floater. But it's weird because usually I only notice my floater when I'm outside, or looking at something white. It almost looks like spiderwebs, not little black floating dots. :(

I'm super nervous about getting my eyes checked out, but I know I have to.

Thank you

---------- Post added at 12:02 ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 ----------

I have sooo many visual symptoms - floaters, bright dots, flickering or shadows in my peripheral vision, etc. The thing is, they aren't there all the time so it must not be anything serious.

I know what you mean, I hate the flashes and shadows. I get this shadow thing on the top of my eyes, and I sometimes see it pulsating with my heart beat. Super weird!