PDA

View Full Version : anyone else got here this way?

kirgray
19-10-06, 09:14
Hello All

Just wanted to see if anyone else has experienced in there life what I have and I think why I suffer with anxiety now:

In high school i remember feeling sick in a lesson and thinking I would vomit....but I didnt and then every lesson I would worry about this, this then went on to assemlies....I would fidget in my chair alot, never really thought much about it at that age.

Then in cinemas etc I started getting this....

Then when I started working in a large dept store I got very dizzy whilst talking to someone and that took over!. Now I feel dizzy most of the time!.

Then last year I remember being sat in front of the computer at my job and thinking I cant breathe prperley.....now this has gotten worse!!.

What next!!!! I generally think its social anxiety and situations with other people??.

Anybody offer any advice? or anyone share similar situations?. Or have I just lost the plot!!![:o)]

honeybee3939
19-10-06, 11:46
Hi Kirgray,

I used to be like this all the time, one thing would lead to another.

I would go dizzy like you in a situation, at social places, it would frighten me, then i would avoid that sittuation, and then i would do something else and expect the same symptoms to appear so i would avoid that too.

You certainly havent lost the plot, it sounds like have made the first step by accepting its anxiety.
I find that distraction helps, If you take your mind off your symptoms you will find that the symptoms often disappear. e.g. looking around, studying things in detail. ie. what sort of shoes are people wearing. That way the symptoms will begin to reduce.

Also relaxation, breathing exercises do help to reduce anxiety and try and realise that anxiety wont hurt you.

There are lots of good positive posts around about this, so you are not alone.

take care

Love
Andrea
xxxx

alexm
19-10-06, 12:12
Hi Hun:D

You prietty much explaned my life there.. (although swap the sikness for IBS)

i guess its a snowball of anxiety??!?? only way i have to describe it.

maybe thats what happens when it goes undiagnosed and treated?

katyfitz
19-10-06, 12:58
uve described me to a tee apart from i have a phobia of fainting not being sick, u aint alone babe

xx

Hears The Water
19-10-06, 18:06
Same here. Only what I experience now is an adrnalyn (sp) rush of fear and that makes me emotionally upset as well as now having to deal with a release of a chemical in my brain and the body issues that come with it. The others are right. Keep breathing and try to learn how to distract yourself. My favorite one is to name something (like animals) for each letter of the alphabet! Sounds silly, but it works.
God bless you and yours
Deb

kirgray
20-10-06, 08:46
Hi guys!

Thanx for all your replies.....I have tried distraction method before and I must say yes it was helpful...my CBT therapist told me about it. I will be putting it into practise straight away after your excellent ideas!!. I think my feelings take over some times so for me its not letting them take over me and not letting it take hold!. Some days its managable other days I let the anxiety walk all over me and take hold of me when im feelin weak!. I went a very large supermarket last night, omg it was humungous!!!! well i was very scared...but ended up staying in there for nearly 2 hours!!!! i had quite a few scary dizzy moments but I just thought what can be the worst that could happen!!!!!. x kirst x p.s. oh and i rewarded myself by buying a rather nice top lol :D

honeybee3939
20-10-06, 09:58
Hi Kirst !!

WELL DONE YOU !! Thats great news that you managed the supermarket and a whole 2 hours !!!!! Thats lovely.

You certainly deserved to treat yourself, sounds like you are making great progress !

Love

Andrea
xxxx