PDA

View Full Version : Worried that possible brain tumour could have given me breast cancer?

anxious_thoughts
11-08-13, 21:04
As most know I have really bad brain tumour anxiety, I have many symptoms as dizziness on and off, head pressure, head pains, vision disturbances, and other things.

I've had the head pains for 10 years, so my doctor did a neuro test on me and blood tests and everything was great. I've noticed that since the end of last year my dog has a thing of smelling both of my breast when I carry him or lay down with him. He usually does it for a little and walks away, but it's always in the same spot in both breasts. I heard that dogs are able to tell when someone has cancer. I'm so scared that my brain tumour has spread to my breasts or something :( I also once in a while get a sharp pain in my left breast on the side part, and that's where my dog sniffs :( I'm so scared :(

Also, if I lie down a certain way, when I touch the area where I get pain I feel a small bump, but if I lie the same way and touch my other breast it has the same bump thing. So I'm not sure :(

countrygirl
11-08-13, 21:52
Primary brain tumour cannot spread to breasts, brain tumours stay put.

The dogs smelling cancer is same as the reports that people with creases in their earlobes will have heart attacks- they have found a link but it does not apply to everyone it just makes us with ha freak even more!

Have you had a mammogram since you have had pain etc?? If both breasts feel lumpy then it may just be your physiology.

Have you ever mentioned this to a Dr and had an exam of breasts etc??

If you have not then for your own peace of mind go and see Dr because an exam and or mammo could stop you worrying.

I understand totally how all these symptoms just make you worry more and more as I do exactly the same.

Jennifer8907
11-08-13, 21:53
Go the doctors to reassure yourself I'm sure everything will be fine though :)) xx

anxious_thoughts
12-08-13, 01:34
Primary brain tumour cannot spread to breasts, brain tumours stay put.

The dogs smelling cancer is same as the reports that people with creases in their earlobes will have heart attacks- they have found a link but it does not apply to everyone it just makes us with ha freak even more!

Have you had a mammogram since you have had pain etc?? If both breasts feel lumpy then it may just be your physiology.

Have you ever mentioned this to a Dr and had an exam of breasts etc??

If you have not then for your own peace of mind go and see Dr because an exam and or mammo could stop you worrying.

I understand totally how all these symptoms just make you worry more and more as I do exactly the same.

You're right. The dog thing really scares me because I personally know someone whose dog would always sniff their lower back area, and he went to the doctors and found out he had cancer and it was caught just in time.

I really haven't had any tests on my breasts, I will bring it up to my doctor.

Thank you!

lofwyr
12-08-13, 04:33
I would be willing to bet you dog sniffs all sorts of things on you, but you are just aware of the breasts. My dog sniffs my shins and thighs all the time, and not to be gross, but aren't there hormones associated with breasts? I mean that as a question. Dogs key in on a lot of biochemical odors, and hormones are a key part of that.

xvolatileheart
12-08-13, 05:49
You don't have a brain tumor so it couldn't have spread to your breasts. Go to your GP and have a breast examination - that's a simple way to rule out your worries!

Apple81
12-08-13, 11:31
Agree with the above. If the bumps are the same on both breasts then that sounds perfectly normal to me. Lumpy boobs are normal but if you're really worried you should make an appointment to have an examination.

aggiecuttler
12-08-13, 12:22
hi Jen countrygirl is quite right brain tumours which are primary do not spread elsewhere in the body so thats just not possible, i dont want to be rude here so please do not take offense but i imagine your dog is drawn to that region due to sweat and smell nothing other than that take care jen blessings

anxious_thoughts
13-08-13, 15:20
I would be willing to bet you dog sniffs all sorts of things on you, but you are just aware of the breasts. My dog sniffs my shins and thighs all the time, and not to be gross, but aren't there hormones associated with breasts? I mean that as a question. Dogs key in on a lot of biochemical odors, and hormones are a key part of that.

Hmm, I never thought of hormones being a reason. And I've also noticed he sniffs my moms chest a lot too, maybe I'm just over thinking it.

Thank you!

---------- Post added at 10:17 ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 ----------

You don't have a brain tumor so it couldn't have spread to your breasts. Go to your GP and have a breast examination - that's a simple way to rule out your worries!

Thanks for replying :)
I will speak to my doctor about it

---------- Post added at 10:18 ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 ----------

Agree with the above. If the bumps are the same on both breasts then that sounds perfectly normal to me. Lumpy boobs are normal but if you're really worried you should make an appointment to have an examination.

Yeah, they haven't even grown at all in size either. I'll still make an appointment just to be safe

---------- Post added at 10:20 ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 ----------

hi Jen countrygirl is quite right brain tumours which are primary do not spread elsewhere in the body so thats just not possible, i dont want to be rude here so please do not take offense but i imagine your dog is drawn to that region due to sweat and smell nothing other than that take care jen blessings

Hi there :)
The primary brain tumour thing is really reassuring. That's not rude at all, I've never thought of it that way, it could be related to that

Take care x

meche
13-08-13, 16:18
Hi Jenn - I had exactly the same fear when I was having my tumour issues. Unfortunately for me I found a huge lump in my boob. It wasn't small and I didn't have a matching one on the other side. You can imagine the fear! Anyway, it all turned out to be fine. What you are feeling sounds perfectly normal but as others have said if you are concerned get it checked out for peace of mind. You are absolutely fine honey.

As for your dog... well, I think he's just very inquisitive. My cat does the same. If I worried everytime she smelt a part of my body..... :huh:! Big hugs. xx

anxious_thoughts
13-08-13, 18:45
Hi Jenn - I had exactly the same fear when I was having my tumour issues. Unfortunately for me I found a huge lump in my boob. It wasn't small and I didn't have a matching one on the other side. You can imagine the fear! Anyway, it all turned out to be fine. What you are feeling sounds perfectly normal but as others have said if you are concerned get it checked out for peace of mind. You are absolutely fine honey.

As for your dog... well, I think he's just very inquisitive. My cat does the same. If I worried everytime she smelt a part of my body..... :huh:! Big hugs. xx

Hello Meche, thanks for the reply!
I'm happy to hear that the lump was nothing, I can't even imagine how worried you must have felt. But luckily it was nothing serious.
Thanks so much for the reassurance. I'm feeling so much better about this.

Haha, animals are something else. I guess I should stop looking into what my dog could be sniffing because it could be anything :P

Take care xx

Marin
14-08-13, 01:35
I agree with all of the above, plus I think your dog just likes the way you smell!!! :)

Your BC risk is highly related to your age, weight, lifestyle, gynecological history, just to mention a few. If you are concerned go see the doc for a check but brain tumor metastasizing to boob - never. You would be a medical miracle if that happened! :)

anxious_thoughts
14-08-13, 14:37
I agree with all of the above, plus I think your dog just likes the way you smell!!! :)

Your BC risk is highly related to your age, weight, lifestyle, gynecological history, just to mention a few. If you are concerned go see the doc for a check but brain tumor metastasizing to boob - never. You would be a medical miracle if that happened! :)

Thanks so much for the reassurance! xx