PDA

View Full Version : plz can someone help?

anx mum
11-08-13, 21:27
Im in a really bad way at moment my anxiety is sky high due to physical symptoms started off 2 weeks ago having a dull ache in the centre of my chest, ive noticed a change in my breathing like I cant get a full breath it really scares me:weep:. Ive had a couple of ecgs which should it was ok and bloodwork I was sent home yesterday. Today I have felt so anxious ive got pins and needles in both arms and in the top of my back still got chest pain and my breathing is scaring me plz can anyone help:weep:

Lost2010
11-08-13, 21:43
Hi there,

Sorry to hear you're not feeling great right now. Did you Dr give you any indication of what it could be when they arranged the ecgs?

Breathing difficulties are really common with anxiety so it could be that the constant worry is worsening the symptoms (which doesn't make it any easier to stop worrying, I know!) Are you on any anxiety medication or anything?

Jennifer8907
11-08-13, 21:46
Hiya a few years back I felt like I couldn't catch my breath properly like I wasn't taking a full breath this resulted in me getting really pariniod went for chest X-ray and all was good I think with anxiety you come more conscious of things like breathing try taking deep breaths to calm your self down honestly I don't see on anything you have wrote that alarms me just general anxiety symtoms and if you have had tests and they where all clear then you have to try and believe them hope you feel better soon xx

anx mum
11-08-13, 22:00
Thank u both yes I am on anxiety meds dosent seem to be helping much duluxotine, and pregabalin, diazepam which I don't think is working. I think the chest pain I can cope with its the breathing it scares me. The dr did my first ecg cos my sats were slightly low.

Speranza
11-08-13, 22:43
Just remember you are getting plenty of oxygen whether or not the breath feels 'big enough'. This used to plague me but I have learned over the years to remind myself that I have more than enough oxygen, and gradually it passes.

It's scary but it won't harm you. xxx

anx mum
11-08-13, 22:57
Thanks jullian how much oxygen do we need?

Speranza
11-08-13, 23:05
I don't know - but I know that when I took my daughter to hospital with an asthma attack some years ago, I was really scared as she was gasping for breath. They put a monitor on her finger and reassured her by showing her that even though she was struggling to breathe, her oxygen levels were fine. That reassured me about when I have panicky breathing. And knowing you are going to be okay helps to break the cycle, I find.

Gill x

Ella13
11-08-13, 23:34
Hi Anx mum I'm having the exact same at the moment with the breathing thing had it constantly for 3 days feeling like I can't get a full breath when resting getting really tired and out of breath after the smallest exercise its really strange because I'd been doing really well for the past month no symptoms at all didnt even think I was anxious then "BANG" I've got this breathing thing out of the blue I'm also feeling really shaky on and off with chest pains. My heart feels a bit fluttery aswell but I just can't put my finger on what it is. I've tried deep breathing etc but nothing works! Have you managed to figure out if anything that helps you at all?

anx mum
12-08-13, 15:03
Thanks for your reply ella sorry to hear u feel like this too its horrid and the worse symptom, ive tried breathing deeply,paper bag, cd relaxion nothing seems to work and like u ive got chest pains too this is too much its scaring me.

skippy66
12-08-13, 15:34
Anx mum - do you have something you could be doing to distract yourself from reassurance-seeking? A hobby, a job or just reading a book I think would be hugely beneficial for you.

Eyji1
12-08-13, 23:49
If you think it would give you some peace of mind you should go see a doctor about that. As I read it, it doesn't sound so serious. But I know how things can be when you're stressed and anxious. I hope everything goes well for you. Best of luck.