PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety at the same time of day?

TheScript
12-08-13, 08:56
Does anyone else get anxiety at the same time of day? I feel quite ok during the day, but when it turns evening - i start feeling bad. When it's around 7-8PM i start getting a nervous feeling in my stomach, sweaty, dizzy, feeling weird and like something bad is going to happen.

This usually continues until i'm in bed at night. All my panic attacks have been at evening or at night..

Just wondering if anyone else has this?

EnoughAlready
12-08-13, 09:51
Most of my anxiousness seems to appear at night aswell - not sure why ?

Dazza123
12-08-13, 09:54
Before I developed a swallowing problem, then yes, my anxiety was always there, but much worse in the evening. I used to wonder if it was because my doctors surgery was closed at that time, and if I felt poorly I wouldnt be able to do anything till the following day.

ankietyjoe
12-08-13, 10:04
Yep, although for me the worst time is always the morning. I did have a bout of getting pretty bad after my son went to bed (8pm onwards) a while ago too.

I have read that your body/nervous system likes getting into habits, which is the reason you feel bad at certain times of day.

The way I deal with it is to focus on the fact that soon I'll feel better, rather than soon I'll feel bad. If I know it'll pass, then there's no point in worrying about it when it occurs.

noaalessi
12-08-13, 12:46
Does anyone else get anxiety at the same time of day? I feel quite ok during the day, but when it turns evening - i start feeling bad. When it's around 7-8PM i start getting a nervous feeling in my stomach, sweaty, dizzy, feeling weird and like something bad is going to happen.

This usually continues until i'm in bed at night. All my panic attacks have been at evening or at night..

Just wondering if anyone else has this?

Hello
Have you ever wondered if your anxiety is triggered by one of your actions or by something in your routine?
Take a close look, and you might just find what makes your anxiety peak and then be able to change it.

It's a suggestion :)

Good luck!

shakey1961
12-08-13, 17:53
What do you do and when do you eat in the hours leading up to 7pm/8pm?

How do you eat through the earlier part of the day?

TheScript
12-08-13, 21:04
Thanks for the replies! So it's evening now and i'm feeling nervous to my stomach, sweaty, dizzy, overwhelmed, shaky, cold chills, yawning, feeling really out of it and like something bad is going to happen. It's like this most evenings

I've looked at what i eat and my routine but i can't really figure it out.. it feels like it just happens automatically. Maybe i'm associating evening/darkness with anxiety - fearful feelings. The only thing that makes it go away is when i go to bed and on my laptop to distract myself..

From like 7PM till 12AM i feel so out of it

Anxious_gal
13-08-13, 03:58
How long as it been since you ate food? Just that for a while I would start feeling faint, dizzy, weak and in particular breaking out in a sweat and I noticed I felt much better after I ate some food!

But I always feel more nervous at night or in the evenings, I think it's just due to feeling tired. Or maybe the change in sunlight.

shakey1961
13-08-13, 03:59
Hi. Can you try something for me. If you get these feelings tonight, have a sugary drink. NOT a diet type drink. Cup of tea or coffee with a couple of teaspoons of sugar in or a soft drink, dilutable orange or blackcurrant etc.

Tell me if your feelings get any better after 20-30 minutes.

TheScript
13-08-13, 11:37
Shakey1961 - I will try that!! :)

TheScript
15-08-13, 20:39
I tried the sugar thing, it didn't really seem to do much, but thanks for suggesting!

I'm still having this problem.. when it turns evening and it gets dark outside i just get this nervous feeling in my stomach, sweaty hands, pounding heart and i feel so overwhelmed, feel very uncomfortable. I just sit and wait it out, trying to distract myself. When i'm in bed at night i feel more ok again. Driving at night is a full blown panic attack, i absolutely hate it and try to avoid it.

How i feel during the day compared to in the evening is so different?
Am i associating it being dark outside with fearful feelings? Or is my nervous system playing tricks?
I'm so confused, i felt like this a thousand times and it's (almost) always in the evening..