PDA

View Full Version : Hello. This is me!

Pete_uk
12-08-13, 10:58
Hi all.

Ok, I've always been the anxious type. Don't know why. I'm normally fine as long as I'm in a comfortable place.

I could write on for ages but I think I'll jump to the point.

New neighbours moved in over the weekend. They are no worse than any other people we have had living next door over the years. But this sudden change has sent my mind racing. When I get spooked like this it dredges up worries about everything, work, life, money etc. All this ends up with me having a bad stomach and just being a bit miserable. I am on 20mg of citalopram and I have been on Zopiclone for years. I have been trying to cut out the zopiclone for a while (I currently take half a pill at night).

I do have a couple of hypnotherapy MP3's which I have used on and off with ok results.

So, that's the broad overview!

Annie0904
12-08-13, 11:59
Hi Pete :welcome:
I can understand how change can trigger anxiety symptoms. Hopefully you will soon get to know your new neighbours and will feel a bit calmer again.

AuntieMoosie
12-08-13, 20:03
Hi Pete and :welcome: to NMP :)

I don't cope very well with changes either, never have done even as a child, I think it's quite common amongst people who suffer with anxiety and panic.

I would say just try taking it one day at a time, let yourself adjust slowly and keep listening to your hypnotherapy as I know that does help, I listen to mine a lot too.

Have a good look around the forum, lots of info to read and lots of support, comfort, understanding and advice to be had on here :)

Sparkle1984
12-08-13, 20:08
Welcome to the forums! I'm sure you'll find plenty of help and support here - I certainly have. :)
I don't get on well with sudden changes either. Like you I'm also on 20mg citalopram and have found it helpful so far.

Moley
12-08-13, 22:33
hello and welcome