PDA

View Full Version : Lightheadedness, dizziness, "blackouts"

matrix123
12-08-13, 17:14
Hello everyone,
I posted a few days ago that I was doing better, but the last few days have been difficult :(

About 10 days ago I did reduce both Escitalopram to 5mg/day and Xanax to 0.125 mg/day. Since then I have been feeling lightheaded most of the time...and kind of dizzy...it disappears when I'm busy doing something else...but otherwise it's there most of the time. In addition several times a day I experience something very strange, like a very short "blackout" 1/10 of a second :(

Anyone with similar experience?

Thank you

jayjoe18
13-08-13, 18:27
I get this all the time, those little blackouts aren't nice, but I'm not on medication so not sure I can help with that. I think it's down to low blood pressure but not 100% sure, maybe you should check with your doctor? That's what I'm going to do soon.

matrix123
13-08-13, 19:18
I read somewhere else that those little blackouts are what people call brain zaps and are common when withdrawing from escitalopram. However I would like yo ask how Long they last?

The most annoying thing however its the dizziness. Today in the afternoon I felt do dizzy that I thought I would collapse. This made me even more anxious which in turn made the dizziness worse :(

---------- Post added at 20:18 ---------- Previous post was at 20:17 ----------

I read somewhere else that those little blackouts are what people call brain zaps and are common when withdrawing from escitalopram. However I would like yo ask how Long they last?

The most annoying thing however its the dizziness. Today in the afternoon I felt do dizzy that I thought I would collapse. This made me even more anxious which in turn made the dizziness worse :(

jayjoe18
14-08-13, 20:22

---------- Post added at 20:18 ---------- Previous post was at 20:17 ----------

Hey, well I've had the brain zaps too although caused by anxiety not medication. Maybe we are thinking of different things? For me the blackouts are when I stand up too fast, I go dizzy and weak and my vision goes, I can only see black for a few seconds and then it wears off along with the dizziness. The brain zaps on the other hand for me are really horrible sharp shooting pains in my head that come from tension/anxiety. I also get what feels like a build up of pressure/pain that gets worse and then disappears after a few seconds. The brain zaps usually last a few minutes/seconds and I have to hold my head with the pain. Does any of that sound familiar?

matrix123
14-08-13, 20:43
From what I read the brain zsps are different to different people. Most are as u say similar to shooting pain. However for some people yhey are little blackouts...so yes they are different in my case

jayjoe18
14-08-13, 20:59
I'd speak to your doctor then to put your mind at rest