PDA

View Full Version : Fast heartbeat in the night

poppy1
12-08-13, 20:19
Since reducing citalopram I'm waking in the night with a very fast heartbeat which makes me sweat dizzy and panicky. Can anyone relate. Anxiety is elevated during the day but heart pounds in the night waking me up. Have 24 hr ECG tomorrow worried may have heart condition.

HoneyLove
13-08-13, 14:16
Hi Poppy, that happened to me for a while - eventually we discovered it was acid reflux coming up at night and causing the heart palpitations. If you have reflux problems it might be worth looking into. I used to just wake up with a pounding heart, it was very scary for a while.

KeeKee
13-08-13, 14:47
This is what I was having when I first got diagnosed with panic attacks. It stopped once I was prescribed propranolol.

poppy1
13-08-13, 20:53
Hi thanks for replying. I don't have acid reflux as a rule but now and again I get a little heartburn but nothing major but ill bear that in mind thanks. I have had a heart monitor so waiting for results of that had palps during it and anxiety and semi fast beats so I'm scared about the results. Been on propranolol before. Don't like the idea of artificially regulating my heart thou I've had anxiety half my life and when I thought I was ok this happened and sent me right back to square one.