PDA

View Full Version : Worried about HIV

rufess1
12-08-13, 20:49
I met my partner 6 years ago now and I knew that he had previously been addicted to heroin, he has been drug free now for almost 10 years. About two months after we met I caught chicken pox, I woke up one morning and had spots on my stomach. Over the next few days more appeared and they spread to my whole body, the older ones were scabbing up and new ones appearing in crops. I wasn't suffering with health anxiety at this point in my life so never gave it a second thought. The rash was really itchy and has left scars where I had been scratching.

Its only recently whilst googleing symptoms again, bad I know, that the dreaded HIV/AIDS came up and the fear of god went through me. I have booked myself in for a test next week so I know for sure.
My partner isn't showing any symptoms of HIV and its been 10 yrs for him now. We have both lost weight but we are also not eating as we should, so its no wonder we are losing weight.
Im really trying not to google again as it makes me feel worse....... just need my mind putting to rest as ive managed to work myself into a panic attack.

I went the docs today and he was no use and actually made me worse by telling me I could be infected and not know about it for years. I hate this health anxiety!

Gee
12-08-13, 21:02
What a stupid thing for your doctor to say!
I'm certain you will be fine - after 10 years the illness would of progressed and you would at least have a few symptoms!
Just go for the test to put your mind at rest xxx

rufess1
12-08-13, 21:18
Thanx Gee, Im sure my symptoms are anxiety related and im sure it was chicken pox. Google should be banned for health related problems lol.
I wouldn't mind but I told my GP I had health anxiety and his answer was stop spending your time worrying about your health, everyone dies and live your life each day as it comes..... That's easier said than done when u aint got health anxiety lol