PDA

View Full Version : Scared I have carpal tunnel, arthritis, cancer!

skyisblue
13-08-13, 05:34
I've had this wrist pain for almost 2 weeks now! It's on my right wrist. Whenever I bend my wrist, there is pain. Also when I press my right wrist, it's painful as well.

I tried ignoring it thinking it was just stressed due to some muscular thing, but after weeks, it is still here!

I just came from the GP and she thinks that it is muscle related. She didn't specify anything but she considered muscle strain or tendonitis. I was given an elastic bandage to help my wrist relax. She did not give me any medications.

For the past few days the pain has decreased a bit but it is still there. :(

I heard all the nasty things about carpal tunnel that it might develop something into something sinister. I can't google now! :(

skyisblue
13-08-13, 17:59
Anyone:(

Annie0904
13-08-13, 18:03
Why worry about something that isn't there? Your symptoms don't sound like carpal tunnel (which I have had in one wrist). Trust your GP and give it time to heal. If the pain is too bad take some Ibuprofen

Marin
14-08-13, 18:23
Sounds exactly like tendonitis to me. If the pain is decreasing after using the bandage then that suggests a soft tissue problem too. The thing with something like tendonitis - it can take a LONG time to heal. It`s almost worse than a broken bone in that way - takes much longer to recover from a soft tissue injury and the recovery is more complicated. If it is tendonitis, I think you are looking at weeks to recover, not days so the fact that there is still pain seems normal to me and actually even more likely that it is tendonitis.