PDA

View Full Version : Wife's illness worrying me

lofwyr
13-08-13, 07:05
I have always thought that it was worse when I was worrying about a loved one than about myself. I try so hard not to project my fears, and these forums are a big help in letting me vent and keeping me quiet at home and at least hiding how anxious I am about it.

Anyway, Friday night my wife started cramping in her lower abdomen, and she has been constipated since. She is in a LOT of pain right now, and she took a laxative a few hours ago, the problem is the one she took takes about 24 hours to work.

I know it is weird, worrying about this, like this. But I am just worried it is something serious. You know how we get. I am worried by her not going in tomorrow, she might be waiting too long to get help. The 24 hours will not pass until tomorrow night, so it will be Wednesday morning before she can get any help at all.

As I write this it sounds sillier and sillier, but I am just worried when she suffers, and she is clearly in a lot of discomfort, and my mind goes to the worst case scenarios...

---------- Post added at 06:05 ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 ----------

An additional related question regarding this. For all my anxiety, I have no experience personally with constipation. In 42 years I have been as regular as a clock. So my question is, can constipation cause this sort of pain and discomfort?

illgetthere
13-08-13, 07:40
Most definitely I suffer with it always gave done and it can cause at time excruciating pain in you stomach make you feel so sick so don't worry x

jackieann3
13-08-13, 09:55
Hello there constipation is very common and very painful and can make you feel very unwell and miserable the reason it takes 24 hours to work is that if you take them in the evening they can work over night so not during the day when you would be at work or going out etc they don't always take that long but try not to worry I'm sure it will work soon but don't worry if it don't sometimes you have to take another dose to work one sometimes not enough it all depends how longyou have been constipated for but it will work round in the end , but obviously if they don't work after a few days will have to see doctor it will say that on the packet best wishes x