PDA

View Full Version : nail worries

KeeKee
13-08-13, 10:15
I have posted about this before but it's staring up again. I don't have typical 'pink' nails but a pale and slightly purpley colour. I have been tested for anaemia and do not have it and the doctor showed me his nails, which are a similar colour but I can't help but worry they are a sign of an underlying condition. Is it possible to not have the typical nail bed colour but still be healthy?

swajj
13-08-13, 10:29
My doctor checked my nails and said I had pretty good circulation. So maybe your circulation needs a bit of a boost. Do yoy exercise regularly? That isn't to say that your slightly purple nail beds are a worry. I wouldn't have a clue. However your doctor was unconcerned so maybe it is just normal.

KeeKee
13-08-13, 10:52
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I do not exercise due to fear of heart attack (silly I know). I have thought of poor circulation but is cold fingers/toes not a sign? Just as I aalways have warm ones??

anxious_thoughts
13-08-13, 15:30
I always question my nail colour as well. I really think it's all in my head though, and it could be the same for you. People with anxiety always over think things, so it's probably just our brain making us think it's not the right colour.

A few years ago I noticed half of my nail looked a bit orangey. It was like they for a couple of months and have been okay since.

Truley if you showed your doctor and they thought the colour looked okay you should be fine. :)

Take care xx