PDA

View Full Version : petrified

Dex
13-08-13, 12:25
I've had a sore throat and what I think is post nasal drip with a littlw phelgm for 4 weeks now. Got up this morning and the glands in my / by jaw and chin are are swollen right up. Im besides myself with panic that I have cancer. I know I will go to the dr and it will be the worse news possible. Im petrified and shaking with panic.

Freaked
13-08-13, 13:42
I think it's way more likely to be a persistent ear-nose-throat infection than cancer. They can linger for a long time sometimes. Try to think positive; I'm sure the doc will give you some antibiotics for it.

Dex
14-08-13, 13:54
I saw my Dr yesterday and has put me penicillin but I still have the jaw swelling. Does it take more than a day to notice the swelling going down? I'm so anxious that the tablets will do nothing :(

SarahH
14-08-13, 14:11
At least 48hrs for the antibiotics to kick in. so stop worrying:)

Dex
14-08-13, 19:25
Hi thank you both for your replies. I guess I need to give it time and cant help hitting the panic button. Now I have a burst vessel giving me a blood shot eye so finding it all very very hard to cope at the mo. But thanks for taking the time to post.

Anxious_gal
15-08-13, 03:20
Honestly it's more likely to be a virus or a bacterial infection. If by chance the antibiotics don't, help get tested for Mono, it's not dangerous so don't worry about that.

I had the test for it too after I had a sore throat and swelling but that was caused by needing to get my wisdom teeth removed.