PDA

View Full Version : Back after a long break

BellisC
13-08-13, 12:48
Hi all, I've been away from the site for quite a while... it was an absolute lifeline for me at a time when I was having severe panic attacks on top of long-term depression. I have recommended it several times to others during that period and am so happy you're still here and seem to be thriving.

I've been struggling with a number of issues recently including the depression, anger leading to outbursts on social media and email, destructive conflicts with people I'm politically involved with, worries about an ageing parent and a side-order of drinking too much. I'm getting that thing where I wake up in the morning with a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach and then low to medium level fear and anxiety all day, on the verge of tears - oh yeah, I remember that.

Anyway, I am looking forward to chatting with people again and hope to offer support where I can, and gratefully accept any I receive.

Mr.Spock
13-08-13, 12:56
I'm getting that thing where I wake up in the morning with a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach and then low to medium level fear and anxiety on the verge of tears .........

That describes me to a tee this morning, found this site and found plenty of articles to read and good information, the distraction really helped and hope I can may be help some others and perhaps get some support too from time to time. It great knowing I have somewhere to come now and dont feel quite so alone with these feelings.