PDA

View Full Version : Back to work today!!!

Spot-the-frog
13-08-13, 15:45
I did it, I went back to work today after having 4 and a half months off work with anxiety and depression. I am going back part time for a couple of weeks to ease myself back into things.

I was an absolute bag of nerves this morning and at one stage even wondered if I would manage to get out of the door. Well, I did manage to get out the front door, I drove to work which takes nearly an hour but was less today as I left later than I normally do and therefore the motorway was not busy.

Everyone was lovely and pleased to see me back and before I knew it I was back at my desk 'working'. The anticipatory anxiety was far, far worse than realitiy. I am glad I only did 4 hours as I was really tired by the time I got home, but so relieved and pleased that I did it.

Anyone else out there who is in the same position - have faith and just do it, it will not be as bad as you imagine it will be.

:yahoo:

MrAndy
13-08-13, 15:58
well done ive recently been in a similar situation, dont overdo it and take it easy

meche
13-08-13, 15:59
Well done you :D! I've never had to stop work because of my anxiety but I've had to work through some VERY anxious days while being in the workplace. It was never always easy but I got through it and survived. The more occupied I kept myself the easier it was to get through the day. Keep up the good work and keep the faith! xx

arfasc
13-08-13, 16:09
well done!!!

Kim51
13-08-13, 20:15
Well done Karen you have given me Inspiration to be able to do it xx

Annie0904
13-08-13, 20:38
Well done :D Unfortunately it didn't work for me. I went back on a phased return in February and it didn't work out but for me it was a good decision as work was one of the main stress factors for me at the time.

AuntieMoosie
14-08-13, 02:54
Well done :yesyes: That's brilliant news :yesyes: :hugs:

SarahH
14-08-13, 12:36
Well done Karen....long may it continue....dont feel pressured to increase your hours until YOU are ready:)

dally
14-08-13, 15:37
Very well done!
I can't emphasise enough how the anticipatory anxiety is much worse than the actual event, and we should never let it stop us doing things. Well done to you!

Tessar
14-08-13, 22:36
That is so good to hear!! Like you said, have faith and just do it. I couldn't agree more....