PDA

View Full Version : Ovarian Cancer Worries Arghhhh

claire1980
13-08-13, 17:22
Feel like crap at the minute with worries about ovarian cancer :( I have health anxiety and have worried about different illnesses over the years, my latest one is ovarian cancer. Last summer I started to get pain in my right hip and right lower abdomen pelvis, pain was worse when I moved around. I left it until Christmas and thought I better pop to the docs, doctor had a feel of tummy said she couldnt feel anything untoward and said its probably muscle pain ( i have ibs and do often get constipated) anyhow a year later the pain is still there.
I went the doctors again this morning as im still worried this time she had another good feel of my abdomen said she was checking for ovarian cysts or other masses and also done a rectal examination :( all was fine apart from an anal fissure caused by constipation. She obviously knew what my fear was as I had told her and she asked me if I wanted to have the blood test to detect ovarian cancer she said she was not worried at all but just to put my mind at rest. I was so scared of the results and the wait for them I said no. She replied thats ok its fine.
Why is it with HA we cannot stop thinking the worse and googling it does my head in.
Im only 32 and have 3 kids and it doesn't run in my family so my risk factors must be pretty low anyway.
HATE ANXIETY

*Fallen Angel*
13-08-13, 20:30
Hi Claire sorry to hear you've had the pain so long. I started with something similar about 6 weeks ago. My dr felt my tummy and said it was ok, urine test clear. However I do have other health issues like anemia and possible coeliac- waiting in the test result.

I started with right side lie pain, felt tight and bubbly but now the pain is upper or lower abdomen and sometimes like period pain. I worry about the big C too.