PDA

View Full Version : Query about endoscopy results from years ago?

JaneS
13-08-13, 18:13
Hi there, several years ago I had an endoscopy and was told everything was ok and all normal. Subsequently I found out that the Gastro's report mentioned mild gastritis and evidence of bile reflux. Does anyone know if this is a common finding on endoscopy and should this not have been treated at the time? Symptoms then were same as now - pain under rib (baffled all the consultants) and indigestion. I often suffer repeated outbreaks of indigestion and have been on and off Lansaprasole for years. Doc has now given me ranitidine (300mg daily for 4 weeks) for this recent outbreak which consists of burping after eating anything, pain between shoulders and right side of chest when burps come, but no stomach ache or heartburn as such. Also throat clearing quite a bit and mild sore throat (Doc checked) but no acid in throat. H Pylori test was normal and all other investigations came back normal over the years. Wish I knew if this was caused by Gastritis/GERD or just anxiety??? Can anyone offer any advice, going away on holiday and am anxious about everything!! Won't be able to drink either I guess!! Scared of getting throat cancer, stomach cancer ...................................!!:weep:

Anxiety Jim
13-08-13, 22:58
I'm also very worried of stomach / throat cancer, I had an endoscopy a few months ago, I was told I had slight oesophagitis, covering an area of 5mm from the stomach, so really tiny amount. I was told it's quite common.

I think gastritis is a similar thing? Inflammation?

I also had a pain below my ribs, the Dr that did the endoscopy said it could me the muscle that opens to let food out of my stomach being a bit tight / not opening enough.

They would have picked up something like cancer, have you tried anything like peptac liquid? or omeprazole?

Marin
14-08-13, 01:31
I had an endoscopy years ago, diagnosed with mild gastritis and doc said to just take indigestion tablets when needed. Very very common, nothing to worry about, and if it can lead to cancer then 90% of us are all at the same risk level! Go on holiday, have a great time and put it right out of your mind - nothing to see here! ;)

JaneS
14-08-13, 11:32
Thanks to you both for your replies. I think my problem is that the worrying and anx about it makes my indigestion ten times worse and then it's a vicious circle.
Yes have been on and off lanzaprazole for years, similar to omeprazole.
Am hoping that the holiday will help me stop focusing on HA although I find it very difficult and hate going away when I feel like this, just want to feel happy and relaxed. Probably wont be ale to have any alcohol either and I do like a glass of wine on holiday, well don't we all. Doc said it might make me worse!

countrygirl
15-08-13, 22:46
Gastro said that almost everyone has mild gastritis somewhere in their stomach on exam so its really nothing. I have had 3 gastroscopies over past 8 years and guess what everyone says tiny area of mild gastritis.

I have hiatus hernia and even with medication I have heartburn alot so I also am one who worries about long term damage to my oesophagus.

LE
15-08-13, 23:55
I too have had gastritis twice now.

Both times have come flared up during periods of prolonged intense anxiety and panic. I was prescribed omeprazole for three months the first time which was almost 3 years ago now. That sorted it.

Then I've just be diagnosed with it again. Exact same symptoms as before. I also had a baby 4 months ago and had extensive tearing from labour and was taking high strength daily for week. This plus the anxiety mist have set it off again.

I am also getting terrible acid reflux. I can feel it coming right up my esophogis and burning. Again I am prone to this during times of intense stress. First time I had it was in 2003 whilst studying final exams at UNi and going through relationship break up. Ended up at a&e with the pain which was in y back by the way. They said I had a start of an ulcer from stress. It's m back I always feel it in.