PDA

View Full Version : Worried about bright red blood when passing stools

Nighttime pacer
13-08-13, 20:36
Hi all
Sorry for the graphic title!
I had a colonoscopy about 3 years ago as I was having some bright red blood when going to the toilet and after being examined the gastro guy said I had a small internal pile which looked as though it had been bleeding. The colonoscopy was normal except for some mild inflammation at a microscopic level. The gastro guy said there's no need to worry about that. The bleeding has started again and can be bad if I'm constipated. I realise it's almost certainly the piles but am still very scared. I've read that dark red blood and black blood is worrying as it's higher up. Also it only happens when I'm constipated and can hurt a bit in that area when I go to the toilet. Even though I know most of the answers I'm still really worried. I've got an appointment to see the gastro in a bout a month for a check up.
Sorry for the way too long post.
Nighttime Pacer

Annie0904
13-08-13, 20:39
It sounds like piles or maybe a small fissure which can be very painful and bleed quite a bit.

JustBenn
13-08-13, 20:48
Hi there,

I had red bright blood in my stool a few years ago, I made a thread about it on here, so it might help if you could check it out :)

I was very constipated, it felt and hurt worse than giving birth!
Which left me with piles everytime I need a tight poop!

Doctor told me to eat more fiber!

Do you mind helping me on my thread please?

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=140086

nomorepanic
13-08-13, 20:50
You can get some suppositories to help heal the fissure if it is that or some cream from the piles so I would pop and see the doc about it

JustBenn
13-08-13, 21:51
You can get some suppositories to help heal the fissure if it is that or some cream from the piles so I would pop and see the doc about it

I got prescribed them after I started bleeding at College,
was annoying but it did work!

princesszelda
14-08-13, 21:43
My doctor told me that if it is red, it usually is not cause for concern because it is something fairly close to the surface. BLACK blood is cause for concern, as it is from something internal.