PDA

View Full Version : Panic Is Back...!!!

adellic
13-08-13, 23:52
hey everyone

let me warn you this post may sound a little loopy and all over the place :scared15: as i am in the middle of a panic attack. so i've come here to get it all out somewhere where others understand as it may help to calm my nerves...really needing some reasurance right now...dammit.

i've been on fluox coming up 11 weeks and all was fine until yesterday, i guess i've hit a 'blip' but instead of relising its just a blip, i have gone backwards and into full blown anxiety mode - im having a heart attack, theres something wrong with my brain and im going to pass out and die etc etc, most of you will know the drill...

i've started having the 'hot flush' feeling through my chest (and while i write this, i feel it in my brain (head), which i think is when the adrenaline relesases, which then flicks on the panic switch and away we go, it happend yesterday after work, and then again today on the way to work, while driving - not fun! i always feel like i need to pull over but i keep driving and it eventually goes away. but, now that im getting all these feelings again i cant stop thinking theres something wrong with me and im back at square one.

things were actually looking up, i was happy again, panic was not in my mind 24 hours a day like it used to be, i was only taking lorazapam when i really needed it (i was starting to wein off them, but now im back on them to try and keep me calm). today though, my lorazapam dont feel like its working - so of course this starts me on thinking theres really something serious going on blah blah blah, and that triggers another attack.

i hate going backwards, i hate the feelings of a panic attack, i hate feeling like this and i wish i could handle this. its so frustrating...

maybe i should post this in the 'health anxiety' section as thats pretty much my problem...but since i am panicing and have been panicing i though i would vent here.

any helpful advise/reasurance etc would be apreciated sooo much :)

Daisy Sue
14-08-13, 00:17
Hi Adellic... In your first paragraph you say you're having a panic attack, so you already know what it is that you're feeling... so try and concentrate on that fact, that you know it's panic and nothing more. All the things you describe are typical (but horrible) panic symptoms, and it's awful when one attack triggers another & you feel it rising & rising..

You need to find a way to come back down off the anxiety, either relaxation, breathing slowly & deeply, or concentrating on something like a crossword or magazine - just to give your panicky thoughts a chance to calm down.

You'll be fine.. you just need to gain control a little bit.

adellic
14-08-13, 00:24
the symptoms are SO horrible!! i actually haven't felt them like this for a while so it came as quite a fright!

but yes, i do need to gain control back and i do need to find a way to calm down, have been slack at my meditation/relaxation lately, and i also havn't been to the gym so they may be contributing factors. when im not in panic mode, i can see clearly and know that im being silly with all the thoughts thats race around, but while im panicing, well its pretty much tunnel vision. also have an appointment to get holter monitor on today for palpitations (purley for my own peice of mind, dr has done many ecgs and blood tests and cant find anything wrong), so i think that also may have something to do with how im feeling...

thanks for your reply daisy sue :), im starting to come out of the horribleness (is that even a word!!? haha) now.

x

Daisy Sue
14-08-13, 00:28
lol, if it isn't a word, it should be :D Glad to hear it's calming now! I'm just like you - had the palpitations & ectopics and wasn't reassured by the GP, so 2 ECGs and a 24hr monitor, plus a cardio consultation, later, and I'm now a lot less worried about my heart.

adellic
14-08-13, 00:53
hopefully i will be less worried too after this :)
i've told myself that i have to get over it this time, that this 24 hour thing will come back fine and i'll speak of it no more haha. easier said than done but thats the plan.

worry gets me nowhere but panicville.