PDA

View Full Version : can i get your thoughts on my symptom please

lindajane1971
14-08-13, 10:10
Hi all

one particular symptom is really getting to me now and i am getting nowhere with the doctor with this, so im really hoping someone can relate to this and give me some advice.
ok, you know that Russian Dolls? the ones where there is a doll inside a doll inside a doll etc?? well i feel like one of my "inner dolls" is very slowly moving round while the outer on remains still?! When this happens i feel a slight pressure on the inside too. I doesnt last long, maybe 5 seconds at a time but i feel it frequently and it really frightens me.
It may sound daft but its the only way i can describe it.

anyone?

skippy66
14-08-13, 10:21
I used to feel strange symptoms like this all the time. If you go to your doctor with this vague symptom that lasts 5 seconds they'll probably laugh at you.

I would just chalk it up to anxiety and get on with your life. If it gets much worse and/or starts causing pain I would go to your GP, but at the moment I don't really think you've got a symptoms they could even begin to diagnose*

*just my opinion, I'm not medically trained

anxious_thoughts
14-08-13, 14:40
Hello, I really think it's due to anxiety.
I noticed that strange feeling a lot, you're almost like disconnected, things sometimes just don't feel real.
When you feel like that doll, start to focus on your breathing. In and out. Your breathing is your body's anchor and will keep you in the moment. That is what my therapist told me.

Take care x

Marin
14-08-13, 18:18
Sounds like classic anxiety to me. The breathing advice is good. Try it and see. If it goes away - it is anxiety.