PDA

View Full Version : Hi all

John56
19-10-06, 14:33
Hi evreyone,

I am John, I am 56 and suffer from height and flying phobias and panic attacks. These mostly occur when driving.

I have tried CBT (didn't like the therapist), Citalapram (didn't make any difference at all), Seroxat (put 2 1/2 stone on me) and I am currently having hypnotherapy which I have been doing for about 2 years now.

I have made some progress with hypno but feel that I am going through a bit of a setback stage at the moment.

I look forward to meeting you and sharing our highs and lows

John

yorkylover
19-10-06, 14:54
hi john and welcome.You sound like you have been through a bad time,you will get some helpfull advise here and make some great friends.Your not alone in how you feel.;)

Ellen XX

Sue K with 5
19-10-06, 14:59
hi john

welcome to NMP there are some great links on the sight which may help in discovering some other suggestions

Glad you found us

sue

scknight

batchelor
19-10-06, 14:59
hi John
I am Dawn- 47, company director , found this site this week, and already have felt better knowing that I am not going mad. I am amazed that so many people will share and try to help others who have similar terrible anxiety/panics etc, and that there are many good techniques for getting back in control. This morning I saw a doctor of Chinese medicine, had acupuncture and a relaxing head massage, and am more relaxed than I have been for 12 months. The usual Therapist I see did give me intelligent and logical tasks to try, but most of them will have to be left to one side until I feel just a bit braver, and capable of trying them. Good luck with your "journey!"

honeybee3939
19-10-06, 15:46
Hi John,

A BIG warm welcome to you!

Lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice and make new friends on your way !

John, glad to hear the hypno worked for you, i have just had some sessions also and it as helped, we all have little setbacks so dont let it get you down, think of the progress you have made.

love

Andrea
xxxx

trac67
19-10-06, 15:50
Hi John,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Don't think of it as a set back, think of it more as a blip on your road to recovery.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

nomorepanic
19-10-06, 16:05
Hi John

A warm welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

You say you have panics when driving - is this in a particular situation atall?

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

Nicola

polly daydream
19-10-06, 16:08
Hi John and welcome to the forum.

Best wishes,

Polly

matilda
19-10-06, 20:00
Hi John and welcome to nmp!!!