PDA

View Full Version : on my own for 7 days

gregcool
14-08-13, 18:05
As iv been living with my sister now for over 4 months .she has gone away for a week hol and im on my own.feels empty even tho she didnt really talk much and i spent my days going to town and sitting on a bench all day.well im doing decorating for her so will be in the house all day and night.which meens i wont get to speek to anyone for a week..plus after decorating all day,when i sit down after decorating i feel very isolated and figity and my anxiety is up in the evening.i feel like im watching myself moveing around.i feel a little uneasy in just my own company..any advice.im tired from.decorating so dont want to fill the evening doing anything eles..

Moley
14-08-13, 18:10
well come and join us in the chatroom we don't bite.

bluesparkle
14-08-13, 21:04
I was going to say the same as moley
join us in chat if you are feeling lonely.
I understand what you mean and so will a lot of others.
rach
x

Daisy Sue
14-08-13, 21:45
Or pass some time in the Games section :)

I was in the chat room last night, had a lovely chat with a few others here.. definitely recommend it. I don't think it gets used enough!

Tessar
14-08-13, 22:23
Hey Greg, u r never alone as a member if NMP. I can relate to it feeling lonely but remind yourself it's only a few days. In the scheme of things soon your sister will b back. Also you are doing well in keeping busy. Also u r able to go to the beach etc still. Even though you are alone you can still mix with others. because you are on your own at home, the rest of your time doesn't have to be spent alone. Also you don't have to spend the whole day decorating, u r allowed a break :-)

gregcool
14-08-13, 22:53
I went into the chat room earlyer had a good chat in there will pop back tomorow..i might go for a walk after my day decorating just to break up the time in doors.

Tessar
15-08-13, 09:10
Oh, Greg, I read "bench" as "beach", doh!!! Sounds like a walk to break up the day is a very good idea.

Kim51
16-08-13, 09:18
As iv been living with my sister now for over 4 months .she has gone away for a week hol and im on my own.feels empty even tho she didnt really talk much and i spent my days going to town and sitting on a bench all day.well im doing decorating for her so will be in the house all day and night.which meens i wont get to speek to anyone for a week..plus after decorating all day,when i sit down after decorating i feel very isolated and figity and my anxiety is up in the evening.i feel like im watching myself moveing around.i feel a little uneasy in just my own company..any advice.im tired from.decorating so dont want to fill the evening doing anything eles..

Hi Greg how is it going did you manage to get out yesterday. I know how you feel, the days seem so much longer when you are on your own, even when you are busy. I have children I go and visit but then I hate coming home to an empty house. Hope you feeling a bit better today :)

Edie
16-08-13, 10:25
Hi Greg, I hope you're getting on OK.

The decorating is a good activity to keep you busy, but it's unfortunate that it means spending so much time alone at home. Is there anyone who could pop round to give you some company? Do you have time to take a break and get out?

Maybe try some relaxing activities in the evening. A hot bath, some TV, read a book. Something to fill your mind without tiring out your body might help you wind down and get to sleep.

I hope your week goes well, and good luck with the decorating!

gregcool
16-08-13, 12:37
Thanks kim \eddie...yes long days working hard..was going to go out for a walk in the evening but its been raining hear...so just watching tv and trying to ocupiey my mind...i dont have anyone to come round as my mum and dad are away and other family members are not interested..dont have any friends...felt depressed today quite heavy..just feel down and flat..prob couldnt talk to anyone anyway..my confidenceblevels are realy low again over the last week or so now...just cant shift it....anxiety up to

bluebottle
17-08-13, 10:23
Hi Greg,

I often find myself spending long periods alone. What I've done in the past is start Meet Up groups, and now I've got a PA from MIND. That's me though mate and this is about you. If you want a chat with me I'd be up for that. You'd be helping me too.