PDA

View Full Version : Hi I'm new please help

Jen9965pink
14-08-13, 20:08
Hi My name is Jennie and I am 29. I have been suffering from anxiety for the last couple of weeks quite severely. I have suffered in the past at significant times in life for example whilst pregnant and shortly after my second child's birth however this time it has come on more suddenly and I am experiencing irrational disturbing thoughts for the first time.
It started with me suddenly analysing my relationship with my husband and how I act with other men ( which by the way is completely normal and nothing a married woman wouldn't do but I thought I was a bad person for enjoying attention from another man and flirting) the anxiety increased so much that I had to tell my husband as I could no longer sleep or think of anything else. I have since overcome this issue however I then went to a party with my husband and drank quite a lot the next morning I saw our mutual friends son who is 9 in his tshirt and pants and thought to myself he shouldn't be walking around like that in front of other people ( there was some party goers still at the house who were friends but not family ) This general thought made me think why was I thinking about him in his pants and why am I thinking about children inappropriately, this thought has escalated so much that I am thinking what if I am a paedophile this led to me thinking that I must want to abuse my own children and so on.... I have a sick feeling in my stomach and cannot understand why I would think like this. I love my children more than anything and would never do anything to hurt them I just cant stop these intrusive irrational thoughts. I am tearful and feel stressed about it especially around my children who I am supposed to be looking after. I am still able to do that but I fear these thoughts are not going to go away because they are so bad they will always be there. I don't know what to do I have tried to not think about it but of course that makes it worse. I am scared I am going to dream about abusing them and I wont have control over this. I am going to see the doctor hopefully tomorrow as I just want something to get rid of these thoughts so I can get back to normal and be a proper mum again.
Any advice greatly appreciated

aggiecuttler
14-08-13, 20:12
hi getting irrational thoughts is not uncommon, i would suggest going to talk to your dr a med may help to get over this so you do not need to struggle on blessings

shakey1961
14-08-13, 20:22
That fact that you recognise these feelings and are worried about them and you don't want to act upon them is a good sign. You will not abuse your children.

There are probably many people who see an attractive child and think about them in a nice way, but that does NOT make them a child abuser.

When you start thinking about a child and enjoy the feelings and want to heighten them that is when you need to worry.

You're more in tune with your mind and worry about everything because of your anxiety

Meewah
15-08-13, 09:08
Jen

Over Thinking, Over Analyzing, all symptoms of a tired mind. You need another focus.

From what I can see your over active mind is just analysing the thoughts you are having, the difference is most people will have those thoughts and will just continue as normal and not give them a second glance. You are looking for problems in ways you think. I wish my wife would tell me when she feels bad for flirting with other men. Lol . Its human nature the difference is our motivation for doing something. If we had the thought about sleeping with the other sex and then we flirted hoping we could fulfil that fantasy then that would be wrong.

Don't worry you are not a paedophile. Just a normal person who needs and wants.

Mee