PDA

View Full Version : Red and white blood cells in urine, worried!!!

k9love
14-08-13, 21:35
So doc found red and white cells in my urine, been going back for ages and they said UTI, well the antibiotics havent worked and doc rang me today to say he needed another urine test and wanted to examine my tummy, they have sent off a culture test which doc has, so now Im panicking that they have found something serious:ohmy:

Anyone ever had simular?

Forgot to say my leg goes limp while walking too

Annie0904
14-08-13, 22:06
I think red and white cells in urine just mean you have a UTI. You may just need a change of antibiotics so they will do a culture test to see which antibiotics will respond best to it. Nothing serious.

k9love
14-08-13, 22:11
I think red and white cells in urine just mean you have a UTI. You may just need a change of antibiotics so they will do a culture test to see which antibiotics will respond best to it. Nothing serious.

But why would my doc want to examine my stomach?

They have done a culture test and he has the results:weep:

Annie0904
14-08-13, 22:16
Maybe he was just feeling to see if you had any inflammation in your bladder..I don't really know but I don't think it sounds like anything to worry about. Did your doctor not tell you the results of the test?

k9love
14-08-13, 22:19
Maybe he was just feeling to see if you had any inflammation in your bladder..I don't really know but I don't think it sounds like anything to worry about. Did your doctor not tell you the results of the test?

No he was very vague, just said come in tomorrow:huh:

Annie0904
14-08-13, 22:21
Did you just speak on the phone today or did you see him?

AuntieMoosie
15-08-13, 01:54
It sounds like a normal UTI to me.

The culture is only to make sure that they have you on the correct antibiotic for that particular bacteria, it's nothing serious at all and it's usually done routinely.

Annie is right, I think your doctor just wants to examine you to make sure that all is well, looking for inflammation I would imagine, they'll probably feel around your bladder and your kidneys to make sure that nothing is inflamed :)