PDA

View Full Version : Severe hospital phobia, appt today Help

jillyb
15-08-13, 07:19
Please help. I have severe hospital phobia and I have an appt today. I am soooooo scared. Want to run away.

Welshlou
15-08-13, 07:32
Please don't run away from the appointment. Easy for me to say I know!

Try and take things one step at a time. For instance, block everything out of your mind that is more than 5 mins away. Just think 'in the moment' (washing, getting dressed, eating breakfast etc). Hopefully that might make it easier in the run up to your appointment. Also, take someone with you for support, if you can.

Hope it all goes well and let us know how you get on.

jackieann3
15-08-13, 07:36
Hi jillyb I too have this so I know how you feel I'm the same with doctors I have an hospital appointment in September for my back but I'm being ill thinking about it now I will be like this till I go but on the day have to have someone take me otherwise I won't go , what I'm scared of is I know I will have to have tests done and that's what I don't like I'm terrified of waiting for results is that the same for you I've been in pain for a year and a half but have to do something about it now in pain every day so I'm more worried to go because it's been so long don't know what's worse the pain or the worry wish you well x

jillyb
15-08-13, 10:10
Thanks for replying. Have always been like this. Can't even visit. Ex has just died and I am really scared.

---------- Post added at 10:10 ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 ----------

Been to hospital ... Took one look at me, heard my sorry tale, diagnosed TMJ. No x-rays. Gum shield to be made and told to relax!!! If only! Can't quite belief that this awful pain in my teeth etc is caused by stress.

jackieann3
15-08-13, 10:57
I had pain in my face caused by stress couldn't believe it x

semper solus
15-08-13, 11:15
Hiya

Stress does cause tmj. Allot of people grind their teeth at night.

I have tmj I was grinding my teeth so hard I would wake up with blood on my pillow and running down my face ( not an attractive look :D) and had to go to the hospital to see the maxilofacial consultant. they told me i needed to have a gum shield made to wear at night. I went to the next appointment to have a mould made of my teeth so that it fit snuggly and would not cause any discomfort.

My experience was ok all they do is put a mould in your mouth and tell you to bite into it gently to get the impression. I know it is easier said than done but do try and relax. just think to yourself this is going to benefit me.

Is there anybody that can go with you??

Nick