PDA

View Full Version : Heart Worries.. AGAIN! Struggling to Cope!

Skye Winter
15-08-13, 09:24
I've been suffering from HA for a couple of years now, but as I'm getting older it seems to be getting worse! I'm nearly 20 now, I've had HA since I was 17. It all started one night when I had palpitations caused by stress. I didn't know what a palpitation was, so I panicked and went to A&E. I've had multiple ECG's and they've all came back normal... Yet I still can't help but feel they have missed something!! Grrrrrr.

It's frustrating because I only have to feel one palpitation/thud and it sets off a horrible series of events. Because I feel that one thud, my anxiety kicks in and my heart starts beating faster... which in turn makes me worry more and then it just goes on and on from there until I finally manage to calm myself down. It usually passes if I go sit somewhere quiet and breathe slowly, but it can take up to an hour to fully pass, sometimes longer. :shrug:

For some reason I am convinced that my heart is going to give up on me. I have no idea why. I'm young, I walk briskly 30 minutes every day to get exercise, so I can't be THAT unhealthy... I'm not overweight either! Admittedly I eat a lot of junk food and not much fruit and stuff, although I am planning to change my diet so I have a lot of fruits/veggies in it, instead of crisps and stuff.

I have no idea where this fear is coming from but it's taking over my life! I can't have a day at work now where I don't panic at some point!

Any reassurance or help is greatly appreciated, I'm really struggling with this... I've been to the doctor about it and he won't refer me to a therapist and I can't afford to go privately! Please help, I can't cope with these stupid worries!! :weep:

aggiecuttler
15-08-13, 09:53
my advise is simple go to your dr and have a chat they will be able to help you either by therapy or meds so go and see what they can do, blessings