PDA

View Full Version : Echo Today! - Please help!!

Jen20
15-08-13, 13:06
I have an echo this evening!! I'm terrified as I'm scared of the sound of my heart beat! Do you hear it beating?!

And would they tell you there and then if anything was seriously wrong?!

Please reply! I'm in work and going out of my mind!!!

robin321
15-08-13, 13:13
I had a stress test ekg, I am not sure if this is similar. But I was anxious and that didn't impact my results. The cardiologist expected it. My heart was fine but I was told to exercise as I was not in great shape cardio wise. Good luck! I am sure you will be fine.

Jen20
15-08-13, 16:13
Thanks! It's an ultrasound of my heart apparently! Crazy that anxiety can cause these problems. Have you had normal ecg's etc?

Did you ask for the stress test?

robin321
15-08-13, 16:46
I had sudden high blood pressure. Was likely stress, but it scared me. I was able to get the stress test quickly (I paid). I also did a 24 hour monitor. I was sure I failed both. I didn't. Good luck! Keep us posted. Right now my stress isn't about me, but my wife. Waiting for tests and results sucks.

nomorepanic
15-08-13, 16:55
You do hear it for about 10-20 seconds but all you can hear is whooshing sounds then they turn it off.

I found it quite nice to hear actually.

Jen20
15-08-13, 17:32
Thank you! Do you get your results there and then? Would they tell you if they saw something wrong? My follow up isn't for 3 weeks and I can't wait that long! Reason I am doing it is so I can start anxiety treatment without worrying I'm going to die from an underlying heart condition!

skippy66
15-08-13, 17:35
I doubt they'll tell you the results there and then but if it's serious I wouldn't imagine they will wait 3 weeks to contact you. It's harmless, I've had 2 of them.

Jen20
15-08-13, 17:37
So they can't tell whilst they're doing it if anything looks abnormal?

nomorepanic
15-08-13, 17:56
No they won't tell you - they are technicians and a cardiologist needs to see the results

aggiecuttler
15-08-13, 18:31
i think this is what my nephew calls a wack pooh machine, hes been having these since the age of 4 and it makes a wack sound if i remember correctly, you will be fine blessings

Jen20
15-08-13, 19:37
Echo was far less scary than I expected!! No horrid noises! Actually strangled reassuring! It was absolutely normal :-) very happy! He said my heart is healthier than his and I need to stop reading innacurate info and Internet and start living! Thanks for your support! Xxx

nomorepanic
15-08-13, 19:48
Hahah wise words from someone there then lol

I love the predictive text as well - strangled ??

Jen20
15-08-13, 21:36
Haha definitely predictive text! No strangling involved! :-)

skippy66
15-08-13, 21:41
Echo was far less scary than I expected!! No horrid noises! Actually strangled reassuring! It was absolutely normal :-) very happy! He said my heart is healthier than his and I need to stop reading innacurate info and Internet and start living! Thanks for your support! Xxx

THIS