PDA

View Full Version : Several Symptons Need HELP!

liamb2001
15-08-13, 14:56
Hi guys, ive been suffering from several wierd symptons latley so im gonna start from the beggining to give an idea of how ive got to this point

I have been weight training for around 6 years but this last year have damaged my forarm so after 12 months of trying to rest, physio and doctors etc i decided to take a few months out in hope to let my forearm heal which i started 2 weeks ago.

A few weeks before this happend though i started to get strange but light pains in my chest especially around my lower ribs, it came and went and thought nothing of it...in fact assumed it was relating to increasing my chest excercise weight.

Im not a healthy eating freak but i do usually watch what i eat for muscle gain and health eg protein shakes, veggies and nuts etc but last week i treated myself to a greasy full english breakfast two mornings on the trot.

Anyway a couple of days later im noticing these waves of shakey chest aches appearing in my chest, on my upper chest and near my shoulder...im pretty sure i cant put these pains down to weight training as i stopped 2 weeks ago but i assumed it was either my bones etc contracting (the opposite to growing when excercising) or the fact i ate those two greasy fry ups but thought it would be a passing phase

since tuesday ive been getting the following symptons...waves of 10 min very mild pain in my chest on my inner shoulders, a little bit like a light stitch, im constantly tired despite going to bed earlier and im often bloated despite trying a couple of long fasts the last couple of days.

Yesterday i called my local doctors to book an appointment i told them about being bloated and tired and was asked if i had any pain in my shoulder which i answered yes, she then got back to me saying i need to goto A&E which if im honest scared me, and with having my son all day yesterday put if off till today but then missed due to feeling better....but the symptons are back and i keep getting shakey as well

Can anyone advise what i should do ?

nomorepanic
15-08-13, 15:21
The only real advice we can give you is to go to A&E or we would be going against a doctor's advice which isn't a good idea really.

Did she way why you needed to go to A&E and not just see him/her

Daisy Sue
15-08-13, 15:23
Definitely go to A&E, if only for reassurance and a good check-up. It's probably quite innocent, stomach issues often cause tip of the shoulder pain, but if you've been advised to go, then yes I would go if I were you.

liamb2001
15-08-13, 15:29
hi thanks for replying, it was the assistant who said to goto A&E, i feel that she said goto A&E simply because i answered yes to do i have pain in my shoulder, which is often where the pain resides, above my chest on the shoulder near my neck...the pain is only dull not sharp

---------- Post added at 14:29 ---------- Previous post was at 14:26 ----------

ive been googling around and the symptons also sound similar to anxiety attacks and reflex acid or GERD. Can anyone confirm if it does or does not sound like any of these ?

Daisy Sue
15-08-13, 15:34
Well no-one here can confirm what your pain is, we're not doctors & can only speak from our own experiences.. that's why I think you need to be looked at and diagnosed, because only then you'll get true reassurance.

But yeah, trapped gas particularly can cause shoulder pain, and irritation of the diaphragm... but please, let a professional have a look at you - you'll feel so much better hearing what they think, rather than us surmising. :)

liamb2001
15-08-13, 15:37
yeah i think your right, ill go in tomorrow morning...thanks, just what i need to hear ! :)

i take it you dont need to pre book in A&E, do i just go in and expect to be waiting a while ? ive not been in years

Daisy Sue
15-08-13, 15:40
Good - let us know what they say :)

Yep, just turn up & prepare to wait, and wait, lol. I think best times are earlier in the day rather than later, and nights are very busy.. well that's the story in my city anyway. Might be an idea to tell the receptionist you suffer from anxiety - it may get you seen a bit quicker.

liamb2001
15-08-13, 15:42
ok thanks :)

Ok ill try that with the anxiety and will put my postings back on here

thanks Daisy sue :)

Daisy Sue
15-08-13, 15:44
You're welcome :)