PDA

View Full Version : I dont know what to do anymore

Jen84
30-06-04, 11:16
Hey
I feel like i cant cope anymore. I have gone from a person who suffers from anxiety but just getting on with it!to a scared, lonely agoraphobic! im 19 i shouldnt be feeling like this but i just keep putting up walls around me and avoiding things but i dont mean too! there is nothing i can do right now. if i go out all i want to do is go home, if im home alone i get upset and feel just as paniced! ive just started on citalopram but its made me even more nervous then before!
What should i do?
love Jen x[V]

simone
30-06-04, 13:18
Jen,

I totally understand how you feel, i feel exactly the same.

I was on cipramil and it did help me in the way that i felt more in control of my thoughts, fears anxiety.
I was able to go out at times without giving it a second thought.
Still had the odd bad day but i was able to overcome it better and be more positive.

Try not to listen to all the bad thoughts of what could happen and think of more positive things and praise yourself for doing things that you find difficult but manage to still complete.

Its hard i know, believe me.

Counselling/therapy would also be good as well if you would try it.

Also this site i have found very helpful and positive.
You CAN do this you wont feel like this all the time, there's nothing to be scared of.

Its easy to say i know and if only i'd take my own advice at times!

Keep positive, keep smiling

Simone.x.

P.S- Some of my story is in the forum Introduce yourself.

Meg
30-06-04, 14:47
Jen ,

It takes up to 4 weeks for your meds to work and you can experience settling in symptoms which make the anxiety worse for the first few days..

Now you're on it bear with it for a month - this too does pass..

Then it will kick in and help you to manage all these feelings .

Meg

'There can only be true courage when first there is genuine fear'

Dr.David Livingstone

tina
30-06-04, 15:37
hi jen i am feeling the same i am also on clip but ony for a week if u want to email me just do its Subrina39720982@aol.com

Caitlyn89
30-06-04, 19:34
OMG jen i know exactly how you feel. You took those exact words right out of my mouth. When im home im afraid to be alone and i panick with my fear of being sick. When i go out the only thing on my mind "just 1 more hour then you get to go home". I dont get it, hopefully you will be able to cope with it better then me

Jen84
30-06-04, 20:59
Thanks for your replies!
Im feelin abit better now, more positive! mornings are the worst times. no one home and nothing to do!
I went into work with my mum this afternoon which was nice! she works at a nursery school! it made me happier and feel alive!
Its so tough what we have to go thru but this site helps soooooo much!
Jen xx

nomorepanic
30-06-04, 21:11
Hi Jen

It is great to come here and off-load isn't it. There is always someone that will reply to your post and lift you up again.

That helps us all get through I guess.

When I was at my absolute worse many years ago I did some tape recordings. It helps to talk about it - even to yourself and I can now listen back to them (and cry) but realise how far I have come.

I hope you too can do that soon.

Keep your chin up and please post any time you feel like you need some support.

xx

Nicola

april tones
30-06-04, 21:39
hi jen, keep your chin up. Stick with meds as someone else said as they will work, just takes few weeks, i am on meds and was terrified of taking them. Iam loads better, if you want to chat you can, take care, believe in your self! love april xx

apriltones

HB
30-06-04, 23:11
oh darlin....

Keep going on the citalopram, that is what I am on and to be honest the second day of taking them i told my dad i was going to kill myself... 3 days later and i had never felt better... I got on so well that i am coming off mine now 2 years later.

Keep going and email me if things get no beter.

Please take care xxx

H

Caz Fab Pants
04-07-04, 00:08
Jen,

Please give the medication a chance to work and try to be positive.

Set yourself some goals, start off small and work your way up. This will give you an aim each day and gives you a sense of achievement, that in itself breeds positivity and will spur you on.

I felt compelled to reply to your post because my panic attacks started just before I turned 19. I am now 30 and have wasted many, many years of my life.

Dont give up honey.

Caroline
x

Jen84
16-07-04, 12:31
I did it!!!!!!!
I had to write because im really happy! i have hardly been out for about a month! and whenever my friends have asked me to go out at night i have say NO and not even tried but last night i went out!!!!!!! i was soooo nervous but i did it! ofcourse i had a few moments of[Ugh]but i stayed!im so glad i did it and also that i wanted to do it!
Im not tryin to show off just wanted to write to show it can be done!
Love Jen xx

Don't ever let go of Hope, it gives us the strength to keep going when we feel like giving up!

sarah
16-07-04, 14:31
Hiya Jen

Thats Brilliant!!!!!!!
really good news!!!

Where did you go?

Im really proud of you hun, keep it up!

love Sarah
xx

we arent mad, just the next stage of evolution :)

Jen84
16-07-04, 15:06
Thanks Sarah
I was meant to go and meet two of my friends in the town centre but i got abit scared! one of my other friends was in a pub further out of town so i met her and some of our bloke friends!i was so nervous but i had fun! then decided to go after about an hour but some of the guys wanted a lift into town my driving hasnt been to good lately so i was pretty scared...anyway they were quite drunk and messin about but i coped!they made me come for a quick drink and i felt fine! i had a tiring but really good night!:D
Jen x

Don't ever let go of Hope, it gives us the strength to keep going when we feel like giving up!

nomorepanic
17-07-04, 15:05
Hey Jen

Well done on going out. You did so well to cope with it all the driving too!

I am so pleased you made the step - are you going to try and do it some more now?

Nicola

Jen84
17-07-04, 19:05
hey thanks nicola,
on friday i was so tired from the night before. It really takes it out of u when u havnt been out in a while!
Friday i went to the docs she is happy with my progress! and today i did something i havnt done in ages....i went to the supermarket! i was abit nervous going in but i was totally fine!stayed the whole time(my mum was actually doin the shopping)
So im feelin pretty good at the mo!
Jen x

Meg
17-07-04, 23:06
What great progress . Well done

Meg

nomorepanic
18-07-04, 18:57
Hey Jen

Even little things are BIG achievements so well done to you!

Keep it up and you will do so much more soon.

Nicola