PDA

View Full Version : Googled wtf why?

illgetthere
15-08-13, 20:03
I keep having a pain on the top of my leg at the bottom shin bone and a deep pain next to my pubic bone groin of my leg and that's a deep pushing pain so to rule out dvt I googled and guess what bone cancer came up then ovarian cancer or cervical cancer well I got my results back just had my smear and that was all clear but as we all no ovarian cancer don't show on smear tests that's why it's called the silent killer so I just no I'm going to go down this line worrying I didn't even no that leg pain is sccociated with ovarian c :(

AuntieMoosie
15-08-13, 23:25
Aww hun, you've scared yourself silly now.

There must be a million reasons why you might have the pain you have.

Please never Google symptoms, it really wont help you at all, it will just throw every possible scenario at you of which probably 80% wont be anything to do with you.

If ever you feel unwell, have a lump, bump or pain anywhere, always go and see a doctor.

I'm not a doctor, but I think it's probably highly unlikely that you have ovarian cancer hun.

Probably the best thing that you can do now would be to go and see a doctor or ask your surgery if a doctor could ring you just so as you can be reassured and not frightened anymore.

Do please let us know how you get on :hugs:

stevepll
15-08-13, 23:57
totally agree with auntiemoosie google is the enemy of a GAD sufferer always see the docs,
i went through this myself due to the conditions i work in and google sent me on a massive spin in my head.
good luck.