PDA

View Full Version : Immunity

Salvolatile
15-08-13, 22:27
No idea if this is going to post. I've been on citalopram for about 6 years, this year I've found any imagined slight or rejection can make me feel suicidal yet hours later I can be fine. Allowing for naturally feeling down on occasion and the fact that I drink, is this normal? I've always drunk since I was 16 incidentally. I'm wondering if you can get immune to this drug - been on 20mg for years. The sudden drop from being relatively normal is quite scary x

keithwms
16-08-13, 01:56
Yes 20mg on cit might not be the right level or med any more. I would consider experimenting with a slightly higher dose or perhaps switching to a similar med e.g. escitalopram.

But may I ask, why have you been on cit for 6 years? Of course, I understand if you've found that you truly need it. However, for most people, these are not for long-term 'maintenance,' they are for helping us access some clearer calmer thinking long enough to let therapy and natural actions pull us through. Have you been doing therapy and other helpful activities along the way?