PDA

View Full Version : Brain Disease worries, please your thoughts?

rollergirl
16-08-13, 01:54
HI All. Havent posted in a few weeks but have been lingering, reading peoples stories etc. I was just wondering what peole thought of a current fear I'm having regarding brain disease of some sort. Here is whats happening.

1.) I keep typing some words twice in a row when emailing people. For example I will type "I have have put it in your in-tray". This doesnt sound like much but to me it means my brain isnt registering that I've already typed it and so I'm doubling up and this must mean some awful brain wasting disease is the culprit for my errors. I am also making many more spelling errors than normal.

2.) I keep driving to go somewhere in particular then get halfway to somewhere completely different before I realise I'm going to the wrong place.

3.) Very forgetful lately, just not remembering things people have told me or what I was doing. Poor concentration etc.

These things have been really bad lately but so has my anxiety. In fact the worst ever in the past few months so logically I'd like to put it all down to that but there's always this fear of "what if" my brain is finally packing it in.

I am constrantly distracted lately, had a few panic attacks, racing mind, many doctors visits with my chronic health anxiety, started with a pshycologist.

I would really appreciate if others would reply and post similar things they have done or still do along these lines, just to share and maybe give me some re-assurance that there are tohers with similar things happening that have turned out to be nothing sinister.....

Love to all..xoxo

aggiecuttler
16-08-13, 10:10
hi i would say the reason for you being forgetfull is the anxiety and worry distracting you from thinking clearly, your mind is racing and full of so much that you loose track blessings

KeeKee
16-08-13, 10:43
I agree with aggie. You are probably very stressed due to worrying and forgetfulness is a classic sign of this.

Skye Winter
16-08-13, 11:45
I've been thinking this recently as well! I keep forgetting simple things and my recall is so slow. People keep saying "Remember that time when..." and it takes me a while to recall it. Don't worry, it's most likely just because you're anxious so your mind is distracted with anxious thoughts :) Try not to worry, it's completely normal!

rollergirl
16-08-13, 11:59
Hi guys Thankyou for you responses. It's not so much the forgetfulness that's got me in a spin, it's this typing of duplicate words in emails. I'm not just hitting a wrong key or making a spelling mistake, I'm actually typing the same word twice in a row at times. Happened 4-5 in the last two months. I am having racing thoughts, high anxiety and trouble focusing and concentrating for about the same amount of time. I'm starting to think its not anxiety and there is something neurologically wrong for me to be doing this. I don't know I've duplicated the words until I read the email before sending it. So frustrating I've had fear for so long it just never ends.

meche
16-08-13, 12:04
I do this all the time. Thing is, the more you focus on it the more mistakes you will make. I miss words completely, duplicate them and sometimes my sentences just don't make sense at all. I don't notice it when I'm doing it and only realise when I read it back.... WTF!!!! I'll probably start doing it this afternoon because I'm responding to this and thinking about it. My brain function is useless when I'm stressed or anxious. You're definitely not alone! xx

Marin
16-08-13, 18:57
I`ve noticed a similar thing recently where I keep missing letters on words. It`s even happening right now as I type! I am convinced it is not the keyboard - it MUST be that I am slowly losing strength in my fingers!!!