PDA

View Full Version : Tooth problem

Vaux
16-08-13, 10:56
Really worried and panicing, while googling i came across this website and thought id make a post.

Ive been avoiding the dentist for about 2 years now, due to various factors of not liking dentists, to being scared of them.

This has however came with a problem. One of my front teeth, has became almost completely black, and im pretty sure without even going to the dentist that it will have to be removed.

i am going to the dentist today, as ive just put it off for far to long and need to get things sorted. And i am so worried about it that i have asked a family member to come along with me for support.

I am literally "shitting" myself (excuse the language) and was wondering if anyone has been through the same situation here that can help me out :/

Skye Winter
16-08-13, 11:48
I hate dentists too! I hate having people's fingers in my mouth messing with it... *shudder*

What helps me, try to remember that they are there to HELP you, not HURT you. In the end it will do you good to see the dentist! Remember that they are not the enemy, and dentists are just helpful people who will help you keep your oral hygiene in check. :)

Good luck!

meche
16-08-13, 11:52
Hi - I had my appointment on Wednesday after not being in 15 years!!! I was petrified, anxious, nervous and could have cried... infact I did. There's no getting round those feelings I'm afraid - if you have to go, you have to go! What I will say though is that it is not half as scary as you think and once the appointment is over it is a huge relief. I made it clear to the dentist that I was nervous and they were lovely - made me feel so at ease. I have my next appointment is 2 weeks and I'm not worried about it at all. You'll be fine - let me know how it goes. xx

Vaux
16-08-13, 13:21
thank you for the kind replys

Im about to head out for it now, i will indeed update this meche! thank you for relieving me a little bit. I guess i will probably do the same, and let the Dentist know that i am a nervous patient :unsure:.

How i wish my teeth regenerated and fixed themselves like the rest of the body haha.

thank you both again!

Vaux
16-08-13, 17:49
So after telling the Dentist my worries, he actually turned out to be pretty sympathetic, telling me alot of people have the same worries.

Thankfully!!! my tooth isnt going to need removed, however something called a root canal and crown, will need to be done.

Thank you both for your replies, I was literally freaking out badly earlier and just talking about it helped alot

Pipkin
16-08-13, 18:22
Well done - you've got over the worst hurdle. I used to be petrified of the dentist and also ended up having to have some root canal work done. People talk about it like it's something bad but, believe me, it's nowhere near as bad as how it feels not having been to the dentist for ages and the anxiety about what's going to happen.

Pip x

meche
16-08-13, 23:19
Well done. I have to have exactly the same thing done on 3rd Sept! Together we'll get through it. xx

princesszelda
17-08-13, 01:26
Glad you went and are feeling better. :) I went after not going for a long while (also due to a phobia stemming from a traumatic dentist experience as a child) and my dentist turned out to be quite sympathetic too. I have heard that it all depends on the dentist, and it sounds like you found a good one. I feel SO much better now that I am all up to date on my work, and the work I did need was not that painful at all.