PDA

View Full Version : Faint episode on train

Misslouread
16-08-13, 19:31
Hi everyone!

First of all Happy Friday! And hope everyone is feeling as relaxed as they can!! I just wanted to see if anyone has had a similar experience to me because I am a bit concerned; I was travelling back to London yesterday on the train (I should let you know it was 11am and I hadn't yet eaten anything or drunk anything) I was carrying 1 bug suitcase and three bags, I was standing up as the train was really busy and I suddenly felt quite sick and then started sweating profusely, got pins and needles everywhere, then everything went white for about ten minutes. When I got off the train my vision was blurred for a further 10minutes. Does anyone know what could have caused this, what could this be?

Xx

jillyb
16-08-13, 19:48
Probably low blood sugar as you hadn't eaten or drunk anything! I'm not a doctor, but that would be my guess. If you skipped breakfast you wouldn't have eaten anything for a really long time. And you had loads of bags to carry and a horrid packed train. No surprise you felt a bit faint! X

Misslouread
16-08-13, 21:23
Yes I think it's just the fact that all i could see was whet for ten minutes that scared me, is this normal when you faint or are about to faint? X

Kate 1956
16-08-13, 21:32
I think you might have also had a visual migraine. Frightening but harmless.

Misslouread
16-08-13, 22:09
Ahh is that what happens when you have a visual migraine? I got a really bad headache that evening and today actually x

sammyb
17-08-13, 15:58
I get those in only one eye.. looks like someone put a piece of wax paper over my eye which last about ten minutes. Usually followed by a headache. Supposedly they are harmless. . Never had it in both eyes.. but I suppose that is possible

joelhall
17-08-13, 16:22
Unusual reaction to low blood sugar if you don't have any underlying metabolic conditions. The body will respond to low concentrations with adrenalin and glucagon, etc to raise blood sugar.
The most common causes of syncope can be as simple as exhaustion.

Misslouread
17-08-13, 21:28
Do you know what sort of underlying conditions could cause this?