PDA

View Full Version : Hi newbie here :D

natframpton
16-08-13, 20:05
Hi all.
My name is Natalie and I have suffered from anxiety as long as I can remember. I was diagnosed about 2/3 years ago...well my doc told me I was suffering from anxiety. I am currently taking citalopram 20mg.
I am normally pretty steady on a day to day basis which I think is how the meds help me.
Everything worries me! And I am just coming to terms with how much anxiety has effected my life. Remembering moments when I was younger that I now realise was caused by anxiety and it scares me how much it rules over me, when I thought I had control.
I've decided to join a forum now because I have been feeling a bit down. I am 24 and have never have a boyfriend. I started going on a dating site but whilst talking to someone on there I realised I'm just not interested in it. Whilst my friends are out meeting people and doing what other 24 year olds do I am indoors with my parents because that's what I prefer to do.
I don't like going out and drinking/clubbing and like I said have no interest in dating.
I would just really like to talk to like minded people who can make me feel like I'm not a complete weirdo.

jackieann3
16-08-13, 22:45
Hello Natalie don't ever think your a weirdo just because you don't want to go out and would rather stay at home I know a lot of 24 year old's and younger who don't like the night life and all that comes with it I've got a daughter of 22 who loves staying home with mum and dad , there's nothing wrong with the way you feel if and when you feel like a change and perhaps have a night out I'm sure you will there other things of interest you could perhaps do like cinema or having a meal and I'm sure you will meet someone nice and won't need to go on dating sites you could ask a friend to do something with you that you like when you feel up to it . I wish you well x

wayne7
18-08-13, 21:00
hey, welcome aboard. theres plenty of people on here who will understand. I have GAD generalised anxiety disorder. I was on citralopam but stopped after 4 months. I think nice people like us worry a lot we feel things more and think too much. be happy to talk to you anytime and hope you get the support you deserve.