PDA

View Full Version : Abdomen discomfort. Worried :s

channie009
16-08-13, 23:25
Today i've been having this very uncomfortable pinching feeling in my abdomen, just under my ribs on the left side. I started feeling it the day after I had a horrible stomach ache caused by some orange juice I drank. I'd drank it and within 10 minutes I was struggling through dinner as my stomach hurt so badly.
It lasted a little while then stopped.
I wanna know if anyone else feels this pinching and if it's just IBS or something I should be worried about...

emlica
17-08-13, 10:30
It could just be trapped wind - I was once told that there's quite a sharp bend in your intestines just there so it's a place where gas is likely to get trapped. I get a kind of sharp pain under my left rib occasionally and it usually goes off. I guess especially if you've eaten or drunk something that disagreed with you, you might be more likely to have a bit of excess gas. Peppermint tea might help?

ankietyjoe
17-08-13, 13:09
I get very similar pains from reflux, and orange juice (which is basically a glass of acid) would be a significant trigger.

I highly doubt it's anything to worry about, but try some antacids or perhaps a teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda mixed with a glass of water.