PDA

View Full Version : Heaviness in my cheeks

Dreink77
17-08-13, 02:57
I have a heaviness and stiffness in my jaw. It's really got me freaked out. Anyone else ever have this happen?

anxious_thoughts
17-08-13, 03:03
It may be a sinus infection. Does your jaw lock or do you grind your teeth at night? Sometimes that can make you feel that way.

But I don't think it's anything severe. :)

Dreink77
17-08-13, 03:11
I've asked my husband if I grind my teeth at night. He says no, but I'm just wondering if he just doesn't notice. I do have on occasion have tender spots on my head that hurt, right above my ears that's why I thought I was grinding my teeth at night. Your probably right, that's probably what it is. I just wonder why it's happening now at night. You would think it would happen in the morning. Thanks for the reply. :D

Lillyred
17-08-13, 03:36
I get it a lot, it is common tension issue, also probably related to my fibromyalgia. I suspect you just notice it more at night when you are less occupied with other things. Have a lot of shoulder issues too. I have woken up in the middle of grinding my teeth once, but I don't think I do that all the time, perhaps you do it a particulalry stressful times. Hope you find the answer, and get some rest :)

Dreink77
17-08-13, 03:45
Thanks for the reply lillyred. That's funny that u say fibromyalgia because I saw my doctor last Tuesday and I told him about all of my aches and pains and he said it could be fibromyalgia. He said that anxiety and fibromyalgia sometimes go together, Which i wasn't aware of. Do you take anything for it, if you don't mind me asking. :)

jillyb
17-08-13, 07:46
It could be TMJ. I have just been diagnosed with it. Mine is not the joint but the muscles ..caused by stress and tension. Hope you feel better soon. X