PDA

View Full Version : I have ran out of my citalopram

ladymillion
17-08-13, 08:59
Hey everyone! sorry i havent been on this in a while, i have just been doing so well and enjoying my life again! Thanks to CBT And citalopram.....PROBLEM is i have ran out of my pills and i wont be able to get any untill at least next wednesday! I am scared that i might get the anxiety feeling back. Advice please xxxx

Pipkin
17-08-13, 09:09
Ring a local pharmacy for advice. I don't know exactly how it works but there are ways that you can be given an emergency supply in these kinds of circumstances. A pharmacist will tell you what to do.

Pip

Lilac58
17-08-13, 10:17
Do you always use the same pharmacy?

This happened to me and they knew me and were happy to give me enough tablets to tide me over, then they deducted that number from the prescription when I got it so I didn't have too many pills overall.

I think it's very variable whether you would experience anything and how soon. I started to feel very dizzy after 3 days, that's when I went to the pharmacy.

You will be able to sort it out somehow, your Doctor surgery is probably open this morning too.

Sparkle1984
17-08-13, 16:55
I'd suggest going to your usual pharmacy and take your empty box of meds if you still have it, or a copy of your repeat prescription form,and they may give you a few extra pills to tide you over. In the long term, I suggest setting a reminder on your computer or phone so you know when to submit your repeat prescription form each month. On my form, it always says the date the next issue is due, so then I have to submit it 2 working days before that date, as the surgery needs 48 hours to process them.