PDA

View Full Version : Fast heart beat.

poppy1
17-08-13, 10:57
I have fast heartbeats around 115 bpm which wake me up 2-3 times a week since I tried to reduce citalopram. I had an 24 ECG which caught some of it plus palps. Really worried about the results. Hoping its anxiety but scared its not. The anxiety is spilling over into the day. I think I'm in a learned behaviour type of thing but this is ruining my life. I'm scared to go to bed in case it happens. I'm also getting odd occasions of dizziness. I can't cope anymore. I've had health anxiety for 20 yrs now more than half my life. Thought I was on top of it. Is there any end to this. Does anyone actually get better?

Darbysa
17-08-13, 11:28
Hi poppy
Take heart. It can get better. This is probably a reaction to your lower dosage and it will pass. Can I ask why you are reducing? Have you been feeling better lately? I understand the way you are feeling. I'm a long term sufferer too though I have to say that for most of the time I'm fine. I am on meds though and when I have tried to come off them I go downhill rapidly. Even when I'm on track I get the odd blip of racing heart, dizziness and headaches which seem to appear out of nowhere. I tell myself it will pass and try to carry on and ignore but I know that's really hard and sometimes I feel I won't cope. Do you have anyone to talk to when you're feeling like this?
Sal x

poppy1
17-08-13, 11:59
I had problems coming off another ssri. I reduced because I felt much better very stable and ok but since I had the first attack it's happening more and more and constantly feel frightened. I have good friends but no one I can talk to properly because they don't understand and I know how crazy it sounds so don't want them to think I'm weird. Dr said the fast heart is possibly anxiety and panic attack but I don't have other symptoms most of thr time not always dizzy or anything else. Thinking I need to increase my meds for a bit even if I take a sleeping tab still happened. Had enough cant live like this anymore :(

ankietyjoe
17-08-13, 13:11
I've had periods where my heart rate reached over 180bpm at random due to stress and anxiety, often 2-3 times a week and mostly in the evening.

I've had ECG's on several occasions over the last few years (including one last month) and it's never shown anything as being wrong.

It's incredibly common (and incredibly scary) when you're suffering from anxiety, but almost certainly nothing to worry about.

poppy1
18-08-13, 10:34
Thank you x