PDA

View Full Version : Twitchy part of tongue, worried its a neurological issue

JCRyanDenton
17-08-13, 12:01
Late night while i was trying to sleep, a part of my tongue kept twitching. It wasn't disturbing how the tongue moved but it was very annoying. It isn't happening right now after i got up but im concerned about it...worried it might be a neurological disease or something.

mummyanxious
17-08-13, 18:45
Had this before when I've been anxious and lived to tell the tale :)

purgatory
17-08-13, 18:45
Hi

Twitching of the tongue can be a very common problem as all twitching can be related to anxiety and the tongue is no different.
I get it frequently and yes at the start it is disturbing but is very harmless and it can be caused by teeth clenching and I find out when my tongue is twitching that normally it follows a pattern of jaw/teeth clenching before had and to see if you are doing without knowing us to check your tongue and see if it is scalloped ie: see if you can see teeth marks around the edge mainly from near the tip to about an inch up on either side.

Again to sum up muscle twitching is a common by product of anxiety and with the tongue being a musle it cab do it as well and in all it is a harmless condition. But if it is a constant thing it is always wise to get a doctor to check it out buy if it is intermittent I can't see a problem.