PDA

View Full Version : Hair loss on fluoxetine?

Georgie1
17-08-13, 12:51
Hi all,

I am on day 31 of 20mg of fluoxetine and have noticed that everytime i brush, wash or even run my fingers through my hair clumps of my hair are falling out :ohmy: I'm lucky I have a very thick head of hair lol.

Did anyone here have the same problem? Is this a side effect of flu?

purgatory
17-08-13, 18:52
Hi

I'm interested in seeing replies to this thread.. I'm 41 and yes I'm thinning and have a bald patch (I call it a solar panel for a sex machine lol).

But since I have started Prozac I have noticed that may hair has got even thinner and that is only 3 months with being a bloke I don't mind to much but for others and a lady especial I think this could be a problem but then again it could just be anxiety related and the loss of hair could only be a temporary thing.

steveo
17-08-13, 18:59
It is a rare side effect. I remember watching an interview with Ruby Wax who suffered from terrible depression but was unable to take prozac as it caused her hair to fall out.

Not so nice for a female!

ChristopherT
18-08-13, 09:02
Yeah I think i did have some... Not sure if that was just from the stress I had in the process of taking the pill. But I definitely noticed in the first 6 weeks some hair loss. But ah well, could be worse.

Georgie1
20-08-13, 09:35
Thanks all for taking the time to answer. My hair loss seems to have calmed down thank god, obviously just a side effect of taking fluoxetine, not a nice one though. Hope ye are all well?