PDA

View Full Version : Heart Anxiety

Masqued
17-08-13, 17:35
Hi all
I suffer classic health anxiety. Have had all the symptoms and get them checked out.
However it feels like once one "illness" is squashed another one comes!

So my latest anxiety is with Heart Palpatations. I get them at night or when Im sitting on the lounge thinking about it. I had my blood pressures and pulse checked last week and all was perfect. I am a constant worrier. Today I went out with family and the whole time I was bush walking there was not one symptom. Then I sat down and thought to myself, oh good the Palpatations are gone. Then they'd start not long after I think about it.

No shortness of breath or dizziness, did my gym routine without a symptom. I had an ecg a few years back after similar symptoms and it showed nothing but learnt to deal with what triggered them. I am stopping caffiene in case its related to how much I drink.

Can Palpatations really be mind related?

Ps. I see my doctor fortnightly.

ankietyjoe
17-08-13, 17:43
Can Palpatations really be mind related?

Oh yes. Very much so.

I've had them on and off for about 6-7 years now, and believe it or not you do actually get used to them!

KeeKee
17-08-13, 20:02
I agree. I never thought this was possible until I asked my doctor directly if he thought I had any serious illness (that I had discussed) he said 'no' and I believed him. My palpitations dropped significantly. I still get the odd one but I did before my anxiety started so they don't phase me anymore.

poppy1
17-08-13, 20:11
Massively mind related. The mind is extremely powerful. I can be fine and as soon as I think yes I'm fine It starts!

Masqued
18-08-13, 07:32
Grrrr! Thanks guys!
Palps are so annoying! Makes you "aware" of your breathing and heart rate which is also annoying!

---------- Post added at 19:32 ---------- Previous post was at 16:54 ----------

Just another question as to how often you get them?

As in daily for days at a time then they drop off till another time? This is how mine are currently occurring.
They used to come every night and wake my sleep...not this time around.

Masqued
19-08-13, 07:48
Just a follow up.
Had my dr listen to my heart today, pulse and pressure. All was fine. When I thought my heart was mucking up he said it sounded normal. Listened for a few good minutes. I described all my symptoms and he said classic anxiety. He also reffered me to a psychologist to help deal with anxiety. He also prescribed some meds to help relax on panicking days. Ive never been on meds but they are for just in case.
He told me real palps interfere with work rest and play. Im only getting them when I think about it.

Ats666
19-08-13, 13:00
That could've been me writing that post. I am exactly the same at the minute :hugs: