PDA

View Full Version : Intermittent, one sided, neck pain.

nocchi
17-08-13, 21:51
Hey everyone, I thought I'd managed to beat off my health anxiety but it seems to be coming back now. :(

In just over the last week I've been getting mostly one sided neck pain that comes with either an ear ache and/or a headache or just the neck pain. It's intermittent and just seems to come on randomly.

Now I stupidly searched for "intermittent pain in neck" on google and one link mentioned cervical artery dissection, so now I'm here panicing that I'm going to have a stroke at any moment and no one will be around to help.

Earlier today I also had a sudden heart pounding that lasted like 3 seconds and then disappeared but left me quite shocked, so that's certainly not helping how I feel.

Also I'm not near my registered GP right now so will have to try get an appointment as a temporary resident tomorrow provided see tomorrow. Edit: Nevermind, just realised it's the weekend and GPs are closed, welp!

Pls halp. :(

JCRyanDenton
17-08-13, 21:52
Hey everyone, I thought I'd managed to beat off my health anxiety but it seems to be coming back now. :(

In just over the last week I've been getting mostly one sided neck pain that comes with either an ear ache and/or a headache or just the neck pain. It's intermittent and just seems to come on randomly.

Now I stupidly searched for "intermittent pain in neck" on google and one link mentioned cervical artery dissection, so now I'm here panicing that I'm going to have a stroke at any moment and no one will be around to help.

Earlier today I also had a sudden heart pounding that lasted like 3 seconds and then disappeared but left me quite shocked, so that's certainly not helping how I feel.

Also I'm not near my registered GP right now so will have to try get an appointment as a temporary resident tomorrow provided see tomorrow.

Pls halp. :(

Been having the neck thing for a while now, dunno whats causing it but it often amplifies if i rub the area, may be muscular. But it never reaches the ear.

nocchi
17-08-13, 21:57
Yeah it's also tender to touch for me.

JCRyanDenton
17-08-13, 22:04
Yeah it's also tender to touch for me.

I looked up a location of glands, is seems a gland is where the area of the pain is coming from, so i doubt its got anything to do with veins.