PDA

View Full Version : Heart worry dying down...but one thing i need to ask

JCRyanDenton
17-08-13, 22:07
While it is going away, there is one thing thats bothering me.

Only occurred while trying to sleep. But sometimes i can feel two beats, not like a palpitation but like i can feel my organ beating for two beats. Its a weird sensation that doesn't hurt or cause any real discomfort, despite having an ecg and an x ray i dunno what the hell this is. Are these palpitations or what?

There have only been two times this has happened. The first while i was on my back while stretching/moving, the second was on my left side. These were spaced out by a few days.

AuntieMoosie
18-08-13, 00:31
That sounds like ectopic beats to me.

You feel 2 beats really close together, some people get a little gap either before the beats or after.

I'm not a doctor, but so far as I understand it, ectopic beats are normal, with many of us experiencing them, but if you're concerned, have a chat with your doctor as I'm sure they'll be able to put your mind at rest :)

countrygirl
18-08-13, 13:19
Agree with auntie. Good description of an ectopic beat. Your heart puts in an extra bead which sometimes you feel and sometimes you don't and then it resets itself with a pause that you usually feel as a thump in your chest then it goes on its merry way. They are totally harmless in a normal heart.

joelhall
18-08-13, 13:22
Premature ventricular contraction, very common when the body is starting to relax

AuntieMoosie
19-08-13, 01:54
Joel thank you so much for telling us that. I do have some heart abnormalities which I've only recently found out, but it's when I'm laying in bed at night that I usually notice a few ectopics and I was wondering whether they were normal or to do with my heart abnormalities, but now you've said that, I shan't worry :)