PDA

View Full Version : Waking up with red blood line in eye

almamatters
18-08-13, 06:56
Hi I have never had this before but this morning I woke up with a red kind of blood line thing in eye ( I have no idea what they are called ) Does anyone know what they are ? I don't want to resort to google.

---------- Post added at 06:56 ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 ----------

Just had another look, it's more of a random red bit on the white of my eye

Cyberchondriac
18-08-13, 09:31
Get this ALL the time. Sometimes I've woken up with a horrible big red patch on the inside of my eye - looks like I've been in a fight with Rocky Balboa!!!

From experience the two main causes seem to be stress and allergies. You'll find its cleared up in no time. If its causing you pain Boots may be able to recommend some eye drops.

But yeah, if I was given a pound every time I got this symptom I would be a very rich man :)

joelhall
18-08-13, 12:55
Hah you should see my right eye, I'm glad there's any white left in it!

countrygirl
18-08-13, 13:11
Commonly known as a blood shot eye! Million harmless reasons why this happens and nothing to worry about. Have you been rubbing your eye without realising it??

IF you find that the whole of the white of your eye is blood red which freaks out the calmest person its still nothing to really panic about unless it keeps happening in which case a Drs visit is needed.

almamatters
18-08-13, 15:36
Thanks to both of you for your replies, it does not hurt it just looks a bit horrible. xx