PDA

View Full Version : Inconvenient

Chewyfungus
18-08-13, 11:09
I have previously had a doctor's appointment over occasional panic attacks. Now I have near constant anxiety over my health, but my mom has physical (but non-life threatening) health issues and frequently has to see the doctor herself. I feel as if I need to see my doctor again because I've been caught in a vicious cycle of insomnia making my anxiety worse and anxiety giving me insomnia. I can't get a headache without getting a panic attack over a potential brain tumor or a cough without worrying about lung cancer. I feel as if I can't continue like this but I also don't want to burden my mom (she deals with chronic pain from nerve damage). Should I ask anyway?

KeeKee
18-08-13, 11:20
Yes you should. She is you mother, she will understand. It is no good forcing yourself to put up with these negative emotions. You can also self-refer yourself for CBT if you feel it is for you.
Good luck I know this is hard to deal with, especially when you feel you are placing a burden on somebody else.

Daisy Sue
18-08-13, 11:32
Yes absolutely.. you're a person in your own right and you shouldn't feel the medical attention should go to your Mum instead of you - both of you need it right now.

It may be that your Mum's illness is contributing to your anxiety, which is understandable.

And I think your Mum would rather you sought help, if she knew how bad you were feeling, than struggle on alone with no-one knowing.

Things have changed since you last saw the doc, so yes I think you should go back and tell them how things are now.