PDA

View Full Version : Holiday!

katyfitz
18-08-13, 14:33
I'm going on holiday on Thursday to New York and am feeling pretty scared! I wan to use these next few days to get excited and look forward to going but it's like I've got a fear of something terrible happening. I'm worried when I'm up in the air that I'm going to have to get them to make an emergency landing cause il have a heart attack and actually I enjoy flying and don't want to feel this. Has anyone got any tips on how to get thru it all because I'm thinking of not going xx

lisad1977
21-08-13, 19:03
hi I feel the same as u. I go to America a lot with husband andkids and every single time I thnk the same but im still here the last time we went was in june for our honeymoon. as soon I sat in seat the chest pain came I was thnkin omg im goin to die while we r flying I was like it the whole 9 hour flight bloody terrible it was. I just thnk its cuz ur thnkin it hun. u will b fine I fine havin a whiskey and coke calms me down I always take something to kep my mind on. hope u have a good time.

Leem
22-08-13, 20:26
I get the same thing with flights. I have travelled the world but after being diagnosed with GAD things changed.

It is anxiety and the fact you focus on the symptom, which feeds the symptom, so you focus more and so on... However, I can categorically assure you, you are perfectly fine. How do I know? Because once I relax, read a book, have a chat with someone, the symptoms all but disappear. Its pretty damn safe flying, one of the safest forms of travel, fact! Enjoy, it, kick back and chill. Aint no threat, have a great holiday.