PDA

View Full Version : URGENT HELP NEEDED Premature Beats Every Few Seconds

Dhruba
18-08-13, 16:03
Hello, my friends. I am a boy of 18 years old. I was detected with a heart arrythmia 5 years ago and used to have long abnormal episodes but after undergoing a RFA (Radio Frequency Ablation). After that my long episodes diminished to NIL. BUT, since then I have developed a new symptom of misses beats. This seem to occur at late hours of the day ( after 6pm) specially on the days on which I am stressed a lot. These premature beats occur every few seconds and continues whole night. But in the morning again they seem to disappear. I have tried BETA-1-BLOCKERS (METROPOLOL TARTARATE/SUCCINATE) but they dont really prove much of worth. I have told my cardiologist about this but he tells me to do ECG when it happens. The problem is when these happens its usually late hours of the day and no ECG centres are open by that time. :wacko:

Regards from Calcutta, India Dhruba

Daisy Sue
18-08-13, 19:45
Hi Dhruba, & welcome :)

Can you connect the onset of your evening/night heart irregularities with eating your evening meal? If so, maybe try to eat smaller meals often, rather than any large ones. I've discovered this really makes a difference with my ectopic beats and palpitations.

Also, if your cardiologist suggest trying to catch them with an ECG, maybe he or your doctor can fit you with a 24 hour monitor, or alternatively go down to your nearest A&E department when you feel they're happening, just to get an ECG done at that time.

Dhruba
19-08-13, 03:36
Thanks for responding. :) BTW, I usually have late meals but not large. I will try having earlier meals and reply with the consequent changes if any happen :)

Anxious_gal
19-08-13, 04:40
Yeah your doctor should order the 24 hour halter monitor for you, as like you said the funny beats don't always happen when a doctor is examining you.

Yeah go to the ER too :) They always take heart issues seriously. When I was getting palpitations (irregular heart beat) and tachycardia (fast heart beat) my doctor sent me to the ER where they ran lots of tests to make sure my heart was ok.

A cause wasn't ever found but it helps knowing my heart is healthy.

Dhruba
19-08-13, 05:04
I underwent an EP study and a spot was found and ablated. But after that long episodes stopped but single abnormal beats occur at late hours of the day specially when I am stressed.